ERTE? ANYONE SEEN THIS STATUE BEFORE?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jan 19, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I've had this cool little statue on a shelf for months & just found it when my girlfriend decided to ...declutter... our baker's rack shelves!
    It measures 9 1/2" tall & looks like a Erte statue to me but it has no markings that I can see.
    Is it a Erte? Or just a knock off?
    Thanks for any help!

ART STATUE ERTLE LADY & JAGUAR STATUE 1AA.JPG ART STATUE ERTLE LADY & JAGUAR STATUE 1AAA.JPG ART STATUE ERTLE LADY & JAGUAR STATUE 2AA.JPG ART STATUE ERTLE LADY & JAGUAR STATUE 3AA.JPG ART STATUE ERTLE LADY & JAGUAR STATUE 4AA.JPG ART STATUE ERTLE LADY & JAGUAR STATUE 5AA.JPG

2. journeymagazine

I just looked at her face & had to go back to the shelf & look at her face to face - looking above I thought she had a crack on her face but I'm happy (and embarrassed) to say it was a piece of dust or cob web not a crack!! (I told you it had been sitting forgotten in back of a shelf for some time!)
    PS - I can't believe I didn't notice it when photographing it - sorry!

ART STATUE ERTLE LADY & JAGUAR STATUE 1BAA.JPG ART STATUE ERTLE LADY & JAGUAR STATUE 1BAAA.JPG

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Is that a crack going from her forehead, across her cheek and down her neck?

EDIT - Thank goodness it isn't.

4. Bakersgma

And I hate to say it, but I do not see Erte quality in this figurine.

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

6. Bakersgma

Different headwear? The big red "gem" at her forehead isn't there on the WP one.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Despite all the people saying these are 1920's I think they are later.

9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I think the auctions are a little misleading. No one is actually saying they are from the 1920s if you read carefully. As I'm reading it, more like "a figure depicting a 1920's lady", fair enough.

Probably manufactured in the 1980s or 1990s, would be a guess, so agree, definitely later.

10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree, 1920s style, but made much later.
    So you were posting dirty pictures?:shifty:

i need help and verybrad like this.
  11. journeymagazine

Draft saved Draft deleted