ESTATE SALE FIND; 60s-70s SWISS LUCERNE WATCH + BAND w/ENCRUSTED GEMSTONES & MARINE LOGO?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Sep 21, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Last Friday I went to a "pre" estate sale sale. There I found a box of old watches in a desk - when I asked the seller if they were real, he said he didn't know if they were real & he didn't know if they worked, but if I wanted any they were $20 each.
    I ended up buying a Chopard dual time zone watch, a Corum French Dial watch, a Tiffany P2 LED (same as James Bond wore in Live & Let Die), a early Pulsar LED watch, - and this Lucerne.
    When I got it the car I wound the Chopard & Corum - both started ticking and kept perfect time the rest of the week-end. It turns out that they were all real + the Chopard & the Corum were 18kt gold - I sold them Monday on craigslist for $1,250!
    The Tiffany & the Pulsar I have to find a shop that can open & check/change the batteries, but if they work the Tiffany P2 is worth about $500+ and the reg Pulsar about $300!
    PS - I felt bad, so I called the guy and told him that they were real and worth more than the $20 he sold them to me for and I was going to give him another $100. He was happy with that & happy I got lucky!
    But the reason I am writing here is I am looking for any info on the Lucerne with all the gemstones & a U.S> Marines logo? What is that about? (The Lucerne - so far - is the only one that is broken; it doesn't wind & if I pull the stem out and turn it to set the time, the hands don't move even though the stem turns).
    Why a marines insignia on a gemstone covered watch? The watch definitely belongs to the band; it has the same stones on it's face that the band has.
    Thanks, I appreciate any info.
    AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY WATCH A GROUP 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY WATCH A GROUP 2AAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY WATCH TIFFANY PULSAR P2 7A.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY WATCH PULSAR LED 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY WATCH LUCERNE 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY WATCH LUCERNE 2AAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY WATCH LUCERNE 3AA.jpg

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. journeymagazine

PS - The first 4 photos are of the other watches - they are all circa 1960s - 1970s; I didn't think they made copies of them & if so they were still worth the $20 - so I bought them. Boy am I glad I did!

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I recently listed an ad for Omega gem-encrusted watches from a French magazine, circa 1945...

ADmg103a.jpg

4. journeymagazine

But did they make one with a Marines logo? Maybe it was for a female marine?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

More likely the spouse of a Marine, I would think.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted