Este Porcelain

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Nov 15, 2023.

1. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Does anybody know anything about dating Italian Este porcelain marks? I've looked online but can't find anything definitive. I bought this on eBay for a few pounds as I thought it looked a quality item. It's only 3" tall so I don't know what I would describe it as. I've found the mark online but all the versions I've seen have "Made In Italy" - this doesn't. Can any Italian members help?

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 11.21.16.png Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 11.21.31.png Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 11.21.45.png

Figtree3 and sabre123 like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Houseful and Figtree3 like this.
  3. John Brassey

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'd think it was a shaving mug. Here's one of a similar design and size from a dealer in "shaving goods."

Debora

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 5.36.07 AM.png

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. John Brassey

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. John Brassey

I did as suggested and they kindly replied. C1960 wedding guest favour with the initials of the bride and groom.

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Fascinating. Thank you so much for updating us. (Of course, one would assume an old mold repurposed, wouldn't one?)

Debora

pearlsnblume and John Brassey like this.
  9. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I'd rather have that than a piece of wedding cake.

pearlsnblume and John Brassey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted