Featured Eydie Gorme/Blame It On The Bossa Nova 1963

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Vintage Maven, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

Well, it’s Friday, girls night out. Whatever happens, blame it on the Bossa Nova!

From my vintage vinyl collection:

A 1963 Columbia Records Stereo first pressing of Eydie Gorme/Blame It On The Bossa Nova.

3040F38B-7EEC-4EBB-BA2D-6AB2F59E8529.jpeg

2. Vintage Maven

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

heart Bossa Nova :cat:

This is the most bubble-gummy version of a Bossa Nova I have ever heard! ;)
    Thanks for sharing your photos of your beautiful collection and songs with us. :happy:

4. Vintage Maven

@antidiem Awe; such a nice thing to say, I’m glad this forum exists & I can share the collection I get so much enjoyment from. I am also glad to see there are some good people that enjoy it too, thanks so much.

It’s not just the music, which is great! But it is also about what I have been told about these eras from family etc. The social times, the dating rituals, and just the general attitude of people, sounded like they had a real kind of fun....I think I missed out, I have a feeling I would have fit right in lol

antidiem likes this.
  5. Vintage Maven

Six more minutes of Eydie, she was quite the performer, hermosa!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

She sure was and cute as a button too! Thanks!

You sure would have but now you're just too young! :singing: Good you fit in right here, for as long as you'd like to stay, I'd like that too! :happy:

Here is my latest 'find' today! Cynthia Lin is a great online uke teacher! :joyful:

Vintage Maven likes this.
  7. Vintage Maven

I love this crowd ❤️ I love this version of Blackbird you posted, it’s an absolutely beautiful version, I love the way Cynthia harmonizes her voice, just brilliant! That is a great find @antidiem

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted