Featured Fabulous What ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KC RETRO, Oct 3, 2019.

1. KC RETRO

KC RETRO New Member

I spent two days pouring over the web trying to ID this statue nothing that it's an exact match 13 in tall solid glass lights up like it's plugged in with light behind it nudes embracing I guess it's acid-etched signature on bottom can't find match for it and probably missing the first letter of the name which makes it harder to search has applied appears to be gold leaf in places 20190930_165719.jpg 20191003_193759.jpg 20190930_165719.jpg 20191003_193759.jpg 20191003_193853.jpg

Attached Files:

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I don't really think this helps, but maybe it can be of some use:

Reverse.jpg

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Sometimes inverting/inversing the signature can help reveal the signature, not always.....it's still not clear to me, but they seldom are either!!! Here 'tis....might at least help others identifying.....YEEEESH!!!! JUST sniped by Sabre!!!! I'll delete mine since we're identical!!!:happy::happy::happy:

4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I love this piece!

judy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

judy likes this.
  6. KC RETRO

KC RETRO New Member

Well I looked at those it's just not the same kind of glass and this one is older than those I can add the estate said that they were bought in Italy they thought in the in the 40s or 50s the household had lots of high end original paintings. Thanks for checking

judy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

8. i need help

Looking for a similar signature for
    ARNOLDO ZANELLA
    But so far just seeing signed A. Zanella.
    Can anyone find it?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    judy likes this.
  9. KC RETRO

KC RETRO New Member

Say it slowly - I think you did find it thank you so much and the site provided the technique description been trying to find some comps on the value but I can't but that's all right because I really like it and that's what counts..

aaroncab likes this.
  10. i need help

I don’t understand. Is the signature supposed to say Pino Signoretto?

judy likes this.
  11. KC RETRO

KC RETRO New Member

The technique is the same the look is the same but when I do look at that site their statues 24 in tall and the base is different. Mine is 13 in.
    On their site they list artist and master glass makers and I still don't match the name. They say it is from the 70s. I still think mines older than that. Could theirs be a repop,

judy likes this.
  12. KC RETRO

KC RETRO New Member

I just sent them a message to see if they would help me id this will let you know what I find out

judy, i need help and say_it_slowly like this.
  13. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted