Fairytale Pottery Tile/Trivet

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by M.Brown, Dec 6, 2018.

1. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

CD03B96B-CAB2-439A-B3CC-49A89792A7BE.jpeg 0F77F6FB-E680-4808-AC93-FD1CA1DC7E56.jpeg 9B578F84-9E30-4959-BD6D-FDF74B4A3A0F.jpeg 0AA49C31-255E-48E9-B744-03B33EE8C742.jpeg 6324D0BB-4349-401E-B096-5CFE71F66DA6.jpeg Came across two of these today. I love them, but cannot identify the logo on the back. Is anyone familiar? It looks like a parachute to me, but I could be wrong.

They say “Made in Italy” on the back the back, along with some other marks I’m unable to identify.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    yourturntoloveit and scoutshouse like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi M. Brown!

Welcome to Antiquers!

I don't have any info, but I do like them.

3. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

Thank you, Judy! I would love to know more about them, so hopefully someone can help us out!

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I don't know the maker, not my field. What I do know is that you're going to be asked to edit your post so that the photos come out on the page full size. Select edit below the text box, then options, then, where you see your photos, select the box at the top that lets you make them all full size at once.

I can't connect the boy with the bunch of grapes & a dog that might be an Italian greyhound to any fairy tale I know, but of course that does not mean much. Think I see 3 initials in the lower right corner, hiding in the grass?

6. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

Thanks, I think I’ve correctly edited the photos. Please let me know if I haven’t.

Also, I’m not even sure they’re fairytale related—that was just the impression I got.

I never noticed the initials. Good eye! I have no idea what they are, though. Maybe L.B.B?

7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

8. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Balloon :)

Really nice @M.Brown - welcome!

9. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

There is a different subject matter by the same artist on eBay for sale right now, not ID'd, however:

[​IMG]

10. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

That's the other one that I have! Could you please link me to that on eBay?

11. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

Thank you!

12. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

13. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

14. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

As you can see, you did it perfectly.

FDB, I think. This would be the artist, not the tile manufacturer.

Draft saved Draft deleted