Final find yesterday - tall, thin - but wide - statue signed SEVER '86; is this Klara Sever?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 26, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This is the last piece of art I found yesterday at a friend's thrift store. It is signed SEVER '86. - Googling Sever artist statue I found a lot of statues by Klara Sever; but they were all Austin Prod. copies.

Is this by Klara Sever? And if not can anyone tell me who the artist is?

PS - It measures 26" tall x 11" wide x only 2" deep(!) - I'm not sure what it's made of.

Thank you for any help with this statue and thank you for all your help on the other pieces I posted from yesterday's find!

ART STATUE SEVER THIN WOMAN WITH FLOWERS 1AAA.JPG ART STATUE SEVER THIN WOMAN WITH FLOWERS 2BAA.JPG ART STATUE SEVER THIN WOMAN WITH FLOWERS 3BAA.JPG ART STATUE SEVER THIN WOMAN WITH FLOWERS 5AAA.JPG ART STATUE SEVER THIN WOMAN WITH FLOWERS 4AAA.JPG ART STATUE SEVER THIN WOMAN WITH FLOWERS 7AA.JPG ART STATUE SEVER THIN WOMAN WITH FLOWERS 8AA.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Signature looks right, style looks right for Klara Sever. Assume she's meant to be modern but... Costume is inspired by Georgian dress with a pannier (side hoops.)

Debora

Arthur_Devis_10c.jpg

pearlsnblume and Born2it like this.
  3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thanks Debora
    I thought it was her but it's dated '86 and the ones I found we're dated in 70s and were Austin Prod. remakes - did she come out of retirement & make this one? Isn't it unusual to have an original dated after the Austin company made copies of something?

Draft saved Draft deleted