Featured Finally some color glassies! Large Red Console Set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Happy!, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Hope someone recognizes this 3 piece set, a large fruit(?) bowl (about 7" tall) with 2 smaller (about 5" tall) candle holders. Thanks.
    P1200849 400.jpg P1200848 400.jpg P1200850 400.jpg P1200852 400.jpg P1200851 400.png

2. Kevin Meade

Kevin Meade Well-Known Member

Have no ability to help I.D. a maker , but they sure are stunning!

i need help and Happy! like this.
  3. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Thanks Kevin!

i need help likes this.
  4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I would start with FENTON. Look and feel around the inside of the bases for a raised mark. Often hard to see.

Happy! and i need help like this.
  5. Bdigger

6. Bdigger

7. Kevin Meade

Kevin Meade Well-Known Member

8. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

This is a reproduction of a pattern produced in the early part of the 20th Century in Opalescent Glass as well as Carnival/Opalescent. The originals, produced by Northwood Glass as well as Dugan, can be distinguished from reproductions by the lack of glass between the rings of the stem. Reproductions have glass filling the center as yours does. Beaded Panel is one name given to the pattern by a glass book author, Opal Open is the other name, given to it by Heacock, another glass book author.

LG Wright was a company that had other companies produce glass for them using molds they owned, and then sold under their name. Fenton did produce a lot of the glass for Wright, using the molds Wright owned and supplied to them. LG Wright went out of business in 1999 and approx 700 of their molds were sold at auction, many going to Asian companies who are free to use them to create their own glass.

Happy! likes this.
  9. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

I love learning about this stuff. Thanks everyone for such detailed info. It really helps.

Draft saved Draft deleted