Featured Finally!! The Ebay Rings

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by RachelW, Oct 13, 2023.

1. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

Oh dear what a couple of weeks it has been!
    I'm going with my mom back to the states to deal with my grandparents storage unit (and ours) for two weeks, so I've had to get an ahead on work this week, plus I've had an event every night this week (part of my job description is sports commenator (but for a video game haha)). On top of that, my phone didn't have enough storage to update, and it got to the point I couldn't put photos over onto the laptop to post here. But all sorted now! I have an evening to myself so I'm catching up on everything here.

That aside, those rings arrived ages ago at this point, and I'm happy!

First up, the 'get rids'. Mum loves the red one so that went to her. The two gold and large silver have already sold at a car boot.
    IMG_20230930_164500.jpg

The interesting, but not valuable. I think these are my personal keepers, minus the damascene. Its a pretty one but not something I'd wear.

IMG_20230930_202028.jpg IMG_20230930_202131.jpg

And these are the goodies!
    The silver ermine ring isn't Toulhoat, and its not 925, but its 800 and Kelt. I'm happy!
    The green ones are 925, but the inlay is damaged in some areas. Not noticable when its worn though so thats okay.
    The red is indeed coral, the setting sure looks like silver but its not marked.
    The white one is ivory.
    The orange blob of honey over in the back is costume, marked P&M Paris, apparently still a mystery brand so thats fun.
    Whats the ring on the far left? I've kept it back as its too unique looking to be nothing perhaps.
    The men's 'signet' ring is very cool, in the ad you couldn't see what the inscription was, its Paris 1947. This is the one I hoped was gold. I acid tested it, and it was inconclusive at 9k. I need to retest, but unsure what that means. Plated perhaps?
    IMG_20230930_201644.jpg IMG_20230930_202148.jpg

A better view of the two gold candidates, both inconclusive for 9k:
    IMG_20230930_201948.jpg IMG_20230930_201842.jpg

The other mark on the kelt ring, kelt is on the inside, the boars head stamp and this are on the outside.
    IMG_20230930_201331.jpg IMG_20230930_201746.jpg

2. RachelW

And the coral for the last! Any ideas on the mark?
    IMG_20230930_201857.jpg IMG_20230930_202012.jpg IMG_20230930_200832.jpg

As usual, thanks so much for having a gander.
    I'll try to post the antique miniature painting brooch in silver I got later this weekend, before I fly out!​

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The ring on the far left side of picture 4 is upside-down. It's a Hebrew language C'hai for sure.

RachelW, reader and Potteryplease like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. evelyb30

...or not; it could also be an initial letter. I have one that looks pretty much like a lowercase p that's actually q-sound in Hebrew.

RachelW likes this.
  6. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

KELT looks like a Celt motif line from Bijoux Bretons. I can't find the exact ring in their current line up, but I did find other pieces with that same style KELT maker mark with the full "Bijoux Bretons" stamp as well. There's maybe a possibility that it was a line sold to them from whatever maker is the R(anchor)C maker mark? If that's the same ring... So I guess it is a Celt inspired design, though one I haven't seen to confirm.

That little blue stone and gold colored ring looks very much like a cast prop ring I wore on a show and always wanted a copy of. Curses to the car boot sale! :shifty: :hilarious:

Definitely want to see your miniature painting. I loooove those (clearly).

Have a safe trip and productive storage clear out!

RachelW and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

if anything....it's an upside down ' Hay '..... but I have my doubts

RachelW and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I do like the little Toledo ware one. I’ve a soft spot for that stuff.

RachelW and Dessert58 like this.
  9. evelyb30

Heyyya .... Blackeyed Peas ring maybe?

RachelW likes this.
  10. RachelW

Thanks all for all your comments! I always love hearing from y'all. Its been a huge week, we flew out Tuesday and only just got into Tupelo yesterday late afternoon. Today has been an all dayer at the unit. I did take pics of the minature and others before I left, so I'll post them when I have a second to spare. Right now its time for a little work before bed. I'm recovering lots of old treasures, like my 60s/70s toy chest, my mid century story books, and various doll houses/farms/castles. If you know what Polly Pockets are, you'll enjoy hearing of our large collection that are safely stowed there as well. Such fantastic toys, my sister and I played with them for hourssss, and of course you can't get them anymore.

NanaB, komokwa and mirana like this.
  11. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Glad you had a safe trip and are enjoying some of the clear out. I remember fishing out all of the Polly pocket pieces from boxes of literal garbage my sibling saved. Like sifting for gold! Everyone thought that was a little obsessive, but I made hundreds on them later. :joyful: They are a lot of fun so there's a reason people still buy them!

Draft saved Draft deleted