Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I thought those would be clickable pics

Austria
    hoo 001.JPG
    and Austria Hungary
    hoo 005.JPG

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I figured something was up.

3. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

Most likely lol

Oo thats a good thought. That would be interesting!

4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

@James Conrad
    Don't cha know, Lake Charles, Louisiana is in Britland now :hilarious::hilarious:

komokwa and James Conrad like this.
  5. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

LOL, It is? Last time I was there it was still in USA, there must have been a war I missed! :eek: Louisiana used to belong to France, we bought it from them.

komokwa and daveydempsey like this.
  6. evelyb30

It was Spanish in between the times it belonged to the French. Dunno as the Brits ever got a look-in.

KSW likes this.
  7. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Cameo Glass Black Pearls (589x640).jpg Waiting for a Sunday night Zoom meeting to start, so I uploaded some finds pics, mostly costume jewelry.
    Big honkin' costume cameo locket
    Cameo Locket Blue Large (366x640).jpg
    Moonbabies
    Moonbabies Breast Cancer (407x640).jpg

On top, Some faux pearls with a black glass cameo clasp.

KSW, anundverkaufen, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  8. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Ruth! you TOTALLY MISSED the point here, WAKE UP OVER THERE!:rolleyes::p:cool::facepalm::oops:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    KSW likes this.
  9. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I found this for a whole $2 on my birthday in a thrift shop that is rather cutthroat anymore. My dad used to say this all the time, and now my husband tells me this...
    Sandy Comstock sterling cuff
    Sterling Simpson Alright Bracelet front (640x412).jpg
    Sterling Simpson Braclet back (640x401).jpg
    I overlooked these for a few weeks at a thrift....most are just costume, but these are 14k.
    14k Golden Loop Earrings (640x488).jpg

10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Any chance it was once a powder compact? It resembles the ones with a Wedgwood relief on the lid. See you got yourself a Headband Girl. She's nice on the pearls.

11. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I will photograph the inside of that piece for you today and post it....could be a compact!

Bronwen and bercrystal like this.
  12. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Bronwen and the rest of you guys- you are amazing! Yes, it is a compact!
    Cameo Blue Compact Necklace Front (640x615).jpg
    Cameo Blue Locket Compact Open (640x592).jpg

13. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I had to have an X-ray done, then I decided to go grocery shopping. There is a thrift shop near the grocery store that is usually over priced and has junky jewelry.

Well, not today. The jewelry was 25% off, and I picked these up.

The chains and pendants are all sterling, the gemstones are genuine.

Bali goddess necklaces, garnet, amethyst, and peridot.
    Bali Goddess Necklaces (640x520).jpg

I posted these on the jewelry thread with questions. Reddish stone testing in the amethyst territory, white stones testing in the tourmaline territory. Two necklaces, one pair of earrings.
    Amethyst Tourmaline Sets (532x640).jpg
    Amethyst Tourmaline Necklace Close (640x415).jpg

These are featured on the Sterling Arts website. The pendants alone retail for $179.99. Blue topaz and peridot.
    Sterling Arts Blue Topaz Peridot Crosses (640x623).jpg

BMRT, KSW, kentworld and 8 others like this.
  14. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

winston knightt paintings 2.JPG winston knightt paintings 3.JPG winston night paintings 8.JPG hello everyone , i posted these pictures some time ago , a friend of mine painted them , winston night . He lived beside me to the south in a rented house about 8 /10 years ago , he then moved to north battleford and i didn't see him again for years till he moved back here and painted these . he moved in beside me again to the house across the street of me to the east about three months ago . I'm sad to announce he has passed away at the age of 33 last weekend .he also made beaded jewelry ,he also made this beaded ring for me DSC05501.JPG and 2 rings for my wife and i, mine say cheryl and hers says randy , he also made dream catchers i just gave him a big metal ring to start a new one

RIP my friend and neighbour winnie (the pooh) night we lost another artist too soon.... winston night signing his paintings.JPG DSC00537.JPG

15. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Agreed, sadly I squinted and came up empty. LOTs of good signs with these pieces based on tone, shape, style etc. etc. But my eyes can only zoom in before i'm fighting the pixelation of the image. Higher resolution and I think we could find them.

Bronwen likes this.
  16. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

so sorry about your friend Lloyd, 33 is so young. RIP Winston

Bronwen and lloyd249 like this.
  17. evelyb30

33 is way too young. RIP Winnie.

Bronwen and lloyd249 like this.
  18. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

untill today i didn't know how old he was i knew he was younger but i pegged him as 38 to 40 years old , he had an old soul , he leaves behind a pregnant wife and 2 young ones , , he just dropped dead of a massive heart attack while stepping over a child gate , he had such a big heart . i had to watch them take him away in a body bag so hard

anundverkaufen and Bronwen like this.
  19. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I'm so sorry lloyd.

lloyd249 and Bronwen like this.
  20. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

122D7B6A-9425-4FB0-93D8-29F7A7FB804E.jpeg 9DE1C683-AB25-40E3-93CE-9212EB8BB85B.jpeg D2D060E6-EEF4-41F8-9FE9-B9CEE8233EBF.jpeg 1D55C2E5-D268-4004-8999-AEF199DDBC51.jpeg Disappointed to get outbid on almost everything at the local auction this week. Problem is that they put ten items in a lot And only one may be of interest. However I did find these. I don’t want to get too excited yet but I’m starting to think they are genuine.

anundverkaufen and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted