Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That’s good! This was all of 50p so I really splashed out :hilarious:
    Did you sell on eBay auction or local auctioneers?

Bronwen likes this.
  3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Nice pressies gifted to your daughter and worth a few quid:)

Bronwen, KSW and kyratango like this.
  4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Looking on google I think they are early ones with that label. The zebra on the later ones is marked differently too.
    Not going to sell them though as they were gifted to the girls not me :angelic:

Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I sold one of the Pearlines on Facebook, from memory and the other through a local auction. I think they were 80 pence. ;)

Bronwen and KSW like this.
  6. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

One of my favorite purchases in a while. Estate auction fresh, still have to clean them up a bit. The larger Rookwood Pottery Rook bookends are a bit harder to find. Made in 1929.

Rookwood Rook Bookends Large Pair 01.jpg Rookwood Rook Bookends Large Pair 02.jpg Rookwood Rook Bookends Large Pair 03.jpg

7. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Excellent Joe!!!

Bronwen, KSW and Joe2007 like this.
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Very nice, Joe!

9. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

10. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

How gorgeous are those bookends! Love the color of them.

Sounds like you had a very successful day out @Marko, love your finds. And you didn't even get there super early! Always encouraging for the likes of me who doesn't get out till just before lunch. :hilarious:

11. Ownedbybear

HAh. I think I may have just bought a Margo de Taxco brooch. ;)

12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

As we say on one of my boards "pics or it didnt happen!" :)

Aquitaine, bercrystal and Bronwen like this.
  13. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Bronwen and johnnycb09 like this.
  14. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

A few finds from the last few weeks...
    This little bronze is a tourist trinket Im sure,but I loved her. Funny thing happened with her . When I brought it home it was in a bag with a bunch of books,and it slipped through a hole and fell in the bushes by the door. When I unpacked the bag and noticed it gone I looked high and low but didnt find it About 2 weeks after that I happened to glance down and there she was. When I bought it there was no rust,but after laying in the bushes you can see there is. How can I restore the finish ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Large Mexican glass fish,love the colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    14 inch high church candlesticks. The bottom has Mary,Joseph and Jesus in the medallions. I thought the quality was a little better than usual so I bought them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Carnival glass punch bowl with 12 cups in perfect condition for $6 ! I need a punch bowl like a hole in the head but pretty is as pretty does!
    [​IMG]
    Watercolor by a British artist
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Ownedbybear

Pics of the Margo will come when it arrives. ;)

16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they better ...!!!

otherwise......... Off With Yer Head !!!!!!! LOL!!!!! :playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::wideyed::wideyed:

Aquitaine and Bronwen like this.
  17. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I originally read that these were rookends. Love that Rookwood decided to go for it.

Shows how easily something like this can get the look that leads to posts here about a piece that 'appears to have some age to it.'

aaroncab likes this.
  18. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Just got back from Maine with a good haul. Yay! Here is the first photo. More to come...

J.N. Roux Geneva mark. I don’t know anything about it but I liked it.
    FCEF2488-C3C4-41DD-B3D0-2574208091A3.jpeg 734136C8-C1CF-4962-832F-E3964B197C74.jpeg

19. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Hope u didn't bring Covid back with you ! :wideyed::wideyed:

From yer pics...which are small and dark.....I can't even tell what it is ????
    :(:(:(:confused:

20. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

CC354D29-A567-4BAF-820F-F86D8F8736BB.jpeg E104DC13-0E8F-43EE-9843-51A72046C438.jpeg
    Here are some daytime photos. I did a quick search and found a similar style in pieces from the late 1800’s from other makers, but no info yet on this piece and maker.

Followed all travel guidelines / CDC guidelines. Everyone was very respectful a patient with browsing one booth at a time. And Maine is a beautiful place for outdoor dining :- ) It’s hard to know the right thing to do re: travel but many antique stores I have visited for years are closed and the ones that were open were empty and seemed glad for my business. And I was glad to have a small road trip.

Draft saved Draft deleted