Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

DSCF5163.JPG

The Saturday goodies. I didn't get a shot of the gold, I may later, but there are pairs of the earrings, and the roses and chain on the micromosaic are silver. The opal mosaic pendant is too I think, and the chain is gold-filled. The multi-chain necklace is just Lucky brand, but it's pretty. The Hollycraft set is resting in pieces, but it'll go as a repair lot. The clear one is straight up 30s Czech, most likely.

quirkygirl, KikoBlueEyes, KSW and 7 others like this.
  3. komokwa

What Ruth...no Eilat stones..........yer slipping !! :playful::playful::playful:

KikoBlueEyes and Bronwen like this.
  4. andyb22

andyb22 New Member

So my grandmother passed away about 20 years ago and gave this to my uncle. My uncle then passed away and gave it to me. I have no clue what it is besides that it looks odd and I’m the only one in the family that wanted it. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

KSW, johnnycb09 and Figtree3 like this.
  5. andyb22

andyb22 New Member

here’s the other photo I have.

Attached Files:

KSW, johnnycb09 and Figtree3 like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @andyb22, I see you're new and you're hopping into someone else's thread!!! That can get very confusing for everyone!!! Threads are meant to keep everyones items separate!!! If you go to the VERY top of the page to the left just under where it says "ANTIQUERS" and click on FORUMS in the brown strip, you can go to INTRODUCTIONS, for starters, post a wee bit of general info about yourself if you like, then head to Forums again where you'll want to find the Most Appropriate Forum for your item, and give us as much information as you can about it with several images (which you've nicely started, but we like to see from several angles!)! You're off to a good start!!! Welcome!!!:):) You've already achieved the first hurdle....i.e. getting images posted which some new members have problems with!!!! We're a friendly bunch from basically around the world!!

KSW, Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  7. evelyb30

I got some chrysocolla from Peru or some such, but Eilat it wasn't.

KSW, Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  8. MT Vessel

MT Vessel Well-Known Member

That’s amazing! What good fortune.

KSW and cxgirl like this.
  9. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Ummm, @MT Vessel - Calico posted the hunter case way back in May of 2014. :rolleyes:

komokwa likes this.
  10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Yes, but it is still an amazing find & since he is new to the forum it was new to him also. :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss::kiss:

@MT Vessel - Welcome to the forum!!! :happy::happy::happy:

KSW, komokwa, SBSVC and 2 others like this.
  11. bercrystal

KSW and komokwa like this.
  12. wiscbirddog

@bercrystal - TY for asking but the end is almost here. They got her to Mayo's Covid ER and she shortly thereafter suffered a STEMI heart attack. Her Troponin T level was 3878 and they can't believe she is still alive. She is registered DNR (do not resuscitate) & no feeding tube. She is receiving IV fluids & pain meds, took 2 bites of a muffin yesterday. Late yesterday the social worker called and wants us to discuss sending her to Hospice Care. Tough days ahead.

13. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

She sounds like a fighter. A very difficult time. Sending warm thoughts your way.

Aquitaine, KSW, komokwa and 1 other person like this.
  14. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Aquitaine, KSW, johnnycb09 and 3 others like this.
  15. wiscbirddog

For sure a fighter! After she was stabilized, in the ER, a doctor told her about the heart attack. Her response was: In that case, go away & leave me in peace.

bluumz, Aquitaine, KSW and 3 others like this.
  16. evelyb30

@wiscbirddog - your mom sounds like a tough old bird. Good for her!

Aquitaine, KSW, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  17. komokwa

Oh...I like that Gal !!!!!
    & thinkin Birdog is cut from the same cloth !!!!
    May you both be well in spirit !! :happy::happy:

Aquitaine and wiscbirddog like this.
  18. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

@wiscbirddog Hugs and prayers to you and your family! We're all here for you when you need a shoulder or an ear.

Linda

19. bercrystal

@wiscbirddog - I am sorry to hear that things have gone downhill. {{{{{}}}}}

20. David Honea

David Honea New Member

Screenshot_20201127-013747_Camera.jpg
    Can someone help me figure out who this is

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted