Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's likely her cabin number -- C Deck, Cabin 47. And I bet those cards were printed aboard and provided to 1st class passengers as an amenity.

Debora

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  2. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

Like it very much.
    One of my collecting themes.
    Belgenland is on of my favourites.
    They, indeed, had printing equipment on board.
    Must hav a picture of it somewhere....

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

They would have had a busy print shop for daily schedules of activity, menus, invitations from the captain, etc.

Debora

4. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

I've been following all the posts of jewelry lots with great interest, so I thought I'd share my own little haul. Its mostly costume and not super old, but I'm helping my boss move house and we went through her jewelry yesterday, some of which she gave to me. I do like the shark's tooth necklace/earring combo, very fun. The chain is sterling, the silver earrings have a 96.5 stamp on them which is interesting, supposedly Indian? I'm rather curious about the 'jade' bracelet, its strung on metal and the clasp is one I don't see frequently if at all, unfortunately the wire snapped in transport after being at the bottom of a box for so long so I'll have to mend it. Is that clasp indicative of a certain era, is it homemade? The way its attached doesn't scream professionally done to me but what do I know. :confused:

IMG_E1066.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG

Marko, quirkygirl, bercrystal and 3 others like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Earrings are very nice, and high standard silver. Not sure about India, maybe Afghan. @Any Jewelry ?

That's an older push clasp by the look of it. Probably silver. The glass bead bracelet is pretty modern, and I like them, I'e several.

Lucille.b and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very pretty, but not a specific ethnic style. Could be modern Hill Tribe silver.
    The translucent greenish stones could be amazonite, btw.

Lucille.b likes this.
  7. RachelW

Yes I had my eye on them when she pulled them out, they're very much my style and I shall enjoy wearing them. Ah a push clasp! Now I know what to google lol, thank you. There's no marks though, still probably silver? The blue or the white glass bracelets? There's three white ones in total, and that blue is the same shade as my favorite summer top so that'll go quite nicely!

Thanks for your input Any! I looked it up and it looks like its a good thing if they're translucent, which these are. They're cold to touch and clink. They have darker green streaks rather than white though.

anundverkaufen and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Try tube box clasp.

RachelW likes this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Dauplaise used a bunch of them in the 1970s, but the turn up on homemade pieces too. The stones look like dyed aventurine.

10. RachelW

Ah yes that's what it looks like, its more of that shade. I've been informed that the clasp/wire is indeed silver though, would that change the presumed quality of the stones?

11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Sterling findings aren't expensive.

it's the blue glass bracelet I meant. Lovely colour.

12. RachelW

Isnt it? Snatched that right up.

13. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

Nice quality Japanese cloisonne & ginbari plate. A Japanese cloisonne box is on its way to me, can't wait to share it.

PXL_20210221_094741351_compress22.jpg

Aquitaine, kyratango, Marko and 10 others like this.
  14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Love the colors in that!

Aquitaine and Lucille.b like this.
  15. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

That's a stunner! Definitely share photos of the cloisonne!

16. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Little red beaded Moyna purse for $8.10. No beads missing.

IMG_9386.jpg IMG_9389.JPG

17. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Found this huge almost black iridescent glass jug today for $7.99+, it’s 15-1/2” tall with a 7-1/2” diameter at the waist. Has a nicely polished base and pontil with lots of honest wear, haven’t cleaned it yet.
    I have no idea who made it.
    F0BE4E05-2E74-4A34-B120-43CA49177C4D.jpeg
    85C6BEBD-BE2A-4865-A7CA-75B89A140B2E.jpeg

18. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Wow!!! That's really something Anund. You have no idea? Hmmm. Where will you start?

anundverkaufen and komokwa like this.
  19. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

How about Kralik purple glatt?

20. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice find anund.....i would have grabbed it too......just for the elegant shape !!

KikoBlueEyes and anundverkaufen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted