Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

In the past I've had good teachers :hilarious:

No dough, searched right through.
    Some costume jewellry,
    Cordless power tools, one piece of Coalport and a 60inch TV

The house will be emptied tomorrow.
    Another one on Thursday and another on Monday.

Aquitaine, komokwa and kyratango like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

a rolling stone gathers no moss........lots of valuable items though,,!!!:playful::playful:;)

3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Was it all "concealed" in a pouch or a box or are these folks just so rich this paltry little pile means nothing? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :p:p:p

Oh well, good for you once again & another thank you to good old AF for convincing you to get back into the game!!! :smuggrin::smuggrin: :wideyed::wideyed::woot::woot::woot: :D:D

Aquitaine and daveydempsey like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd ask if the heirs had no sense, but... no need. That's a tidy little haul!

Aquitaine and bercrystal like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Waterford Egg - I think 1996, but I'm not sure. Couldn't find the mark, but the stand is correct and it matches others.

IMG_1029.JPG IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1032.JPG

6. KikoBlueEyes

Robert Held Heart Paperweight. $3.

IMG_1034.JPG IMG_1036.JPG

7. evelyb30

Nice! I've found one or two Robert Held pieces before, but not many.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

You like paperweights too? This is my second one of his. I usually don't get hearts, but the price was right.

Lucille.b likes this.
  9. evelyb30

The last bit was a vase. I'm not generally a paperweight fan, but they've been known to follow me home.

bercrystal and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

:):):):)

11. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Just home from another camping trip to scout out-of-town antique malls:

00AFA1FF-1599-4356-B426-2D0CB7218F14.jpeg
    All three pots are from Santa Clara Pueblo, with the larger one I'd guess from the 1950s. The one on the right is perhaps older. All are unsigned, despite one even being labeled by the seller as Hopi.

The scenery on my trip wasn't too shabby either:

E7404200-EFCD-442E-B29F-8353628D4EA3.jpeg

12. evelyb30

Nice! I was going to go to an antique store today and sell stuff, but the guy wasn't going to make it in until 2PM. Meaning rush hour traffic through one of the USA's nastiest areas. Uhmm no thanks. I went to a local antique store instead. Paid $50 for "costume" and took a $1200 check to the bank!

She had a "costume jewelry sale" sign up over an assortment. A lot was costume - signed Napier with the tags. But there were some 14k pins and two 18k chains out in the costume section. I paid what she asked and went straight to the pawn shop. Melted the 18k no-design chains and one no-account sterling necklace and came out with $1200.

Roshan Ko, Lucille.b, SBSVC and 10 others like this.
  13. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Picked this Damask Rose 8 place setting 68 piece sterling set for $111. yesterday. ADB8FEBF-C6DF-4E6C-9E5D-7EDC403B918E.jpeg

johnnycb09, cxgirl, Marko and 15 others like this.
  14. evelyb30

Should have known Anund would find the silver....

15. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I'd be tempted to keep this one. Even though I don't have a dining room, and never entertain. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

16. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

Greetings all,
    Modern necklace found today, though if the stone is “real” it’ll have some age ;) Anyone familiar with geology or gemmology recognise this stone?
    Full necklace included not because I think it’s helpful, but rather I know how frustrating it is to see a partial object.
    EDIT: Closest I can see on google red Jasper, which I am content to think unless advised otherwise!
    92EE6DBE-A895-4F33-B929-3C02094C0527.jpeg
    950BC0A9-3185-4CE4-A374-151301F8760F.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  17. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Looks like red jasper.

18. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Here's something I found interesting. A 19th century cheese spoon in alpacca silver. It is marked alpacca in a circular form and there is a further mark, a rams head in the center, something like DK then Sheffield and the other word is illegible, it is poorly formed and can't make it out even under the microscope.

I don't see much marked alpacca in the UK and I don't think I have ever seen a Sheffield piece before. Also interesting was when I put silver acid on it (before studying the mark doh), the result was pretty much identical to Indian 50% rupee silver - went light brown, then straw, then blue/green.

alpacca spoon.jpg

19. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Here are some jasper ware jugs I picked up as part of a group lot, all late 19thC, all three from different makers. They are commonly unmarked which can make id tricky as these items have a lot of similarities. In this case two are marked, one isn't. On first glance I only got one right despite having seen countless pieces of jasper ware over the past 25 years. See if you can do better without Google, will post the makers later.

2631 jug (3 of 3).jpg

20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Nice!!!!

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted