Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Well, I found a few other things besides jewelry today. I got some vintage curtains, the kind they don't make any more, white sheer and the fabric is fine netting, 4 panels for $6 for my home. I got a hugely expensive black studded Calvin Klein top for $1.50 (I actually bought one new on sale, haven't worn it because I don't want to mess it up.) I got a Ruby Road skirt for work, $3....and this was the big find of the day-$3!
    20210728_164908.jpg 20210728_164915.jpg 20210728_164920.jpg
    For reference only
    https://www.mutualart.com/Artist/John-Ingersoll-Coggeshall/9D8DF80146802AF5

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    kentworld, kristiaan, cxgirl and 7 others like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Nice one! Today I went to Savers and found enough to cover my gas. Maybe.

Marko likes this.
  3. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Some days are like that....today I visited one of my thrifts where I got this painting and found out they hired an antiques dealer as a volunteer. There was a box of donated jewelry on the counter, and I asked if I could look at it. The cashier said sure, come on back. The dealer was upset. She was right on top of me. She said she was going to take the box HOME and price everything. She wanted one of the bracelets and wouldn't calm down until I handed it to her. It was all modern costume, mostly Lia Sophia. The last thrift this woman volunteered at went under. I really want to warn them... but I have a feeling they will find out about her soon enough.

cxgirl, Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

And of course, there is jewelry. A Black Hills watch, a dual face watch, stretch bracelet pearls and mixed quartz. Sterling and garnet earrings. 20210728_183700.jpg

5. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

20210728_184237.jpg 20210728_184241.jpg
    20210728_184313.jpg
    Ann Klein
    20210728_183119.jpg
    Red mask is Swarovski

6. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

This goldwashed sterling set was $10 because they thought it was costume. The colors are silver and yellow and rose gold. 20210728_184358.jpg

7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

These are probably Italian. No marks?

anundverkaufen and bercrystal like this.
  8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I posted about this in my first thread about the big auctions that are happening at the auction house.

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/photos-for-fridays-auction-here-in-columbia-sc.63749/

It is on the 3rd page of the thread to see what it looked like when I bought it that night. :facepalm::facepalm:

This is what it looks like now filled with some of my various small perfume atomizers & bottles. Most of the ones in there are meant to be carried in your purse but some would have stayed on the vanity. Anyway, the DH got it all cleaned up for me & I was able to consolidate 3+ small display pieces into this one. It still needs some fine-tuning but that will have to wait. :D:D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

FAS...Thailand?

Bronwen likes this.
  10. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Beautiful

bercrystal likes this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hoping you'll show us once you clean it up???????!! VERY NICE!!!!

12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

wow, that is amazing:)

komokwa likes this.
  13. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

beautiful display:)

bercrystal likes this.
  14. evelyb30

NICE little case. Good use for it too.

bercrystal likes this.
  15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

here are a few things I picked up recently - the razor blades advertising piece looks like it was never used, has all the little packs of blades that would fit on the display board. Also a complete set of cigarette cards, a First Nations mini basket and a stone carved squirrel pendant, not sure on the stone, maybe some type of Jasper? will have a search and see what I can find:)
    DSCF8350.jpeg DSCF8351.jpeg DSCF8352.jpeg DSCF8398.jpeg DSCF8392.jpeg

16. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

That Gillette display is awesome!

Aquitaine, komokwa and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  17. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Nice little Nootka/Makah basket, CX; I do like the tiny ones.

18. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  19. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

WOWZER!!!!

Tanya likes this.
  20. evelyb30

If that's silver .... wheeee! Even if not, for five bucks it was hard to miss!

Aquitaine and anundverkaufen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted