Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Better stuff. I missed a woman selling her good jewelry, but I did get this from her.
    20211011_091206.jpg
    Ivory
    20211011_090717.jpg
    The sterling, big bracelet most expensive at $10, everything else $1 to $3.
    20211011_090224.jpg

2. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

20211011_090801.jpg
    Above, MOP pieces, $5
    Below, 18k earrings, $10
    20211011_092339.jpg
    20211011_091829.jpg
    Above, $3 freshwater pearls with sterling clasp

3. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

20211011_084117.jpg
    The 14k teardrop mabe pearls were $3 last week and are now repaired. The round 14k mabe pearls are from the little flea market this weekend, $10.

anundverkaufen, KSW, Houseful and 5 others like this.
  4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Lastly, the lady I got this from was putting her jewelry out last and promised me I would be the first to see it. Just as she was taking it out, mostly newer costume, a man got right on top of me, practically spooning me upright. I turned around and said "I get first choice." And for $2.50, I got this.
    20211011_091712.jpg
    20" 14k and diamonds.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I could make a joke here.....but why bother......
    That's a great snag.......

but again....why or ..how does one give up gold & diamonds ..for pennies ???:wacky:

That item must have weight to it ???
    & marks ???

Good for you gal !!!!!:happy::happy:

6. komokwa

Oh.......& Good Eye on the rest of the haul !!! :hungry::hungry::):);)

7. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Thanks. It's gorgeous and a keeper.

8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Since the DH & I totally disagree as to what is good TV watching I spend my evenings in my office where I get to choose the shows. :happy::happy:

A few years back I bought a new desk chair that I mistakenly thought was leather. A few months ago I noticed some wear spots where the "leather" was flaking away. :facepalm:

When it spread the armrests I decided I could no longer deal with the mess it was causing not to mention when I saw the small black pieces on the floor it would always give me a start because I thought it was a bug of some sort. Folks who live in the south will understand the fear of what is called a "Palmetto bug" here in SC. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So a couple of weeks ago I treated myself to a real leather chair. :D:D:D

It came with a bit of a sticker shock but like I said this is my LazyBoy chair for evening TV watching. :p:p

It is quite comfortable. I love all the adjustments I can make to the armrests & the high back is perfect for leaning back. :D:D

[​IMG]

9. komokwa

what????
    no cup holders........:playful::playful::playful:

10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

OMG. Palmetto bugs! :eek: I was shocked when I first saw them at my mother's in NC.

11. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Nothing like a comfy chair. And I know what palmetto bugs are like.

12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The first time I encountered one was when we moved to Columbia back in 1979. I was 7 to 8 months pregnant & was in a LazyBoy chair with the footrest up watching TV. All of a sudden something flew over & landed on my chest. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I screamed & the next thing I knew I was standing about 12 feet away from the chair & the footrest was still in the upright position. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

No one had told me that #*&)!%&* things could fly. :facepalm::p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes: :arghh::arghh::arghh:

We have always had regular pest treatments done to our houses when we lived in NC & in SC. They come in from outside so if you treat regularly & don't leave a way for them to come into your house they are not usually too much of an issue. I do keep a spray can available in several spots inside the house & out in my garage though just in case. I have been known to drown the SOB that dares to enter where they are not welcome. :p:p:p :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Aquitaine, pearlsnblume, KSW and 3 others like this.
  13. komokwa

I'll make certain I'm invited....before dropping by..! :playful::playful::playful::hilarious:

14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

@Marko - I have those exact MOP Chinese eaarrings too.

Marko, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  15. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have been that polite. But you did get the goods! I bet he was eyeing that and you got it first. Sucks to be him in more ways than one.

pearlsnblume, KSW, stracci and 2 others like this.
  16. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

How irritating and rude!
    I learned the following trick from my husband:
    When someone is standing too close behind you, suddenly step backwards, bumping into them. Then loudly say, "Excuse me!" In a rather blunt fashion.
    It works even better if you step on their foot!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  17. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Wow, wow, wow!
    Awesome necklace....great find!

Marko and bercrystal like this.
  18. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-10-11_22-51-38.png
    Just wondering, what is the frothy looking yellow material mixed with the pearls? I'm assuming everyone else knows what it is, but I don't think I've ever seen anything like that on jewelry. It almost looks like nylon net, but I'm assuming it is not.

19. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Tulle, as on brides dresses/veils:)

KSW, LauraGarnet02, Houseful and 2 others like this.
  20. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Thank you Kyra!

kyratango, KSW and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted