Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Bunny plate is hobbyist painted, alluding to Denby, i think.

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Thank you ! I was racking my brain trying to remember the name Denby !

bercrystal likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Denby is not right from a brief search. But it's something like that. Some place in Massachusetts.

bercrystal likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Found it! Dedham Pottery does the rabbits. Knew it started with a D and was located in MAss. Dedham, Mass!

Aquitaine, KSW, LauraGarnet02 and 3 others like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The Rosenthal is one of the Bjorn Wiinblad Russian folk tale ones.

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

5.5 Super small.

My opening bid (still no takers) is $100. I included international, Japan etc. They may not sell for $100, or maybe they'll sell for more, who knows. 7 watchers. I had three offers, one of $50 and two lower. Closes tomorrow. Somehow they will sell, but might require me to relist as a BIN of $100 and take offers. The condition is poor, but structurally they are still quite sound. It's mostly the fabric that is worn in spots. They still look really cool in person if you aren't too picky about condition. They'd be great night club shoes as they sparkle a bit. Finger's crossed!

7. johnnycb09

Even better ! thank you !

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Lucille that is my size for the most part, wish I had a reason to wear them. They remind me of days gone by.

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I have leather pants in my closet.....they also remind me of days gone by.......I think they're size 32......and likely I was also 32 ...when last they were worn...:woot:

:happy::beaver:

10. pearlsnblume

Komo I have my leather jacket from college. It was too big for me then and still is.
    But I can't part with it just yet.

Aquitaine and bercrystal like this.
  11. komokwa

I've got a couple......my purple one...with big puffy oversize shoulder pads....is da Bomb.......
    & so was I..........for a while..........in my own mind !!! :inpain::inpain::inpain::rolleyes::rolleyes:;);):woot::woot::woot::woot:

12. pearlsnblume

Mine is a tan color that has gotten lighter over time.

Aquitaine, bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  13. komokwa

my head has gotten lighter over time , as well !!!!:playful::rolleyes:

Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. pearlsnblume

Found Culver glasses in the box. Have to look up their pattern name but so far I can say they have ducks on them. I think when i list them, going to split them up and sell 2 at a time and forget the box as I can get more money that way. The box only seems to add value on the very popular designs. But I can think about this.

Also found a tupperware creamer in Harvest Gold.

15. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I have a set of four Culver glasses, gold jail cell stripes and a thick black one. Total 70s. They're going locally. Today...I need to get a picture. Spent twice what I should have, but found some stuff for my local elephant white stuff buyer. Once piece is signed Ming's! The gold chain I hoped was real alas ... stuck to a magnet, as did some very light earrings.
    But the demitasse marked CGWRR is from the a Chicago shortline - Chicago Grand Western if memory serves.

16. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Hey @anundverkaufen! We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while!

17. johnnycb09

Found this pitcher and 2 glasses today. Gotta go back and see if they put out more glasses. Murano Im thinking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    plus this little bowl I started a thread on...
    [​IMG]

18. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

It’s not because I haven’t been finding stuff but because I don’t bring anything home anymore, straight to the shop and in my storage/workshop. The lighting in there is horrible and I hate to take photos with indoor artificial lighting. I’ll try and get a couple pics today of what I’m talking about.

19. komokwa

still nice to hear from you.......;):happy:

20. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

This week's goodies. I spent up but got some goodies. At the estate sale I got myself a pair of Merril's shoes for $8 and ... goodies. The yellow rose is painted ivory. Nice enough on its own, but check out the back! The spoon is from the Chicago Great Western. Chinese export pin and Swarovski earrings. The Sat AM sale was at a church. There was a "jeweler" running their pre-loved jewelry table, but as I've come to know that just means you need to know more than the jeweler does. I got a 3 pennyweight gold bracelet on the way in along with an 18k cross - $13 total. Spent too darned much inside but among the bits got two WWI-era pendants, both gold, a sterling and CZ bracelet, and some costume earrings. There was a big sterling ring and sort-of matching necklace too. Sterling chain of no great account got into the shot. I don't think I did too badly.(LOL)
    DSCF7400.JPG DSCF7406.JPG DSCF7401.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted