Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

It was a tolerable 80s plus degrees Saturday, so I headed to my flea market. I saw a yard sale that was just setting up, so I stopped. Some older not great jewelry, but I found a jewelry box, so to speak, and bought it and it's contents for $10. I put half of it in a craft jar. There was a Silverstone 18k HGE ring, and a few other rings. One was this 10k mother's ring. Dark blue testing as spinels, light blue testing as aquamarine. Researching the box, this was a salesman sample for Lane Cedar chests. This one is a bit rough on top, but still has it's key.
    20220814_143225.jpg
    20220814_143153.jpg
    20220814_134446.jpg
    This silverplated cross was also in the box.
    20220814_134330.jpg
    20220814_134341.jpg

johnnycb09, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  2. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Flea market had some goodies, I will photograph a few favorites another day. This I posted on the jewelry board. 20220814_134300.jpg
    These were in a thrift shop, Bijoux Designs, $2.99. 20220814_140705.jpg

3. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

bercrystal, komokwa and UpAllnight like this.
  4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have sold several & they do sell fairly well.

I also have one from a department store in Toledo where I grew up. My mother worked in the bakery department & we use to shop there quite a bit. :happy::happy:

johnnycb09 and Marko like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@Marko, That's the problem.....I can't make it any clearer....I've tried....it sort of looks like a 'Q 4/100...BUT those two 00s don't look the SAME size to me....the second 0 looks a bit bigger...maybe a Q.....I wish I could see it clearer.....ALL of it, but I just can't.....sorry!

7. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

You did a great job enlarging it! I thought I saw writing, you found it. Some things will always be a mystery. I was just venturing a guess.

pearlsnblume, Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

That's incredible. It just looked like nothing to me. I'll have expanded it on my screen and I see 19/100 411 DJ I I Thank you so much for this. It is very intriguing. I will have to do some searching. You are so terrific to take the time to do this.

Aquitaine and bercrystal like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

I saw this too. I saw a one in front of the 4 though. Interesting speculation about the limited edition. I went back the next day and the chipped one was gone. I was thinking that the band was gold because of this. I couldn't find anything like it on the net, so you could be right.

bercrystal likes this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Those Lane boxes were high school graduation gifts to each girl in the class. Some have the name of the furniture store inside and the location.

11. KikoBlueEyes

You did great even finding what you did. I just put it in my jade drawer as something with little consequence. Now I am intrigued.

Aquitaine and Marko like this.
  12. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I love trying to solve jewelry mysteries. Maybe we can figure it out!

13. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I saw one in a thrift shop the other day for $20, top was beat up. I should have dragged it home.

14. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Given to high school seniors--still have mine!

Aquitaine and bercrystal like this.
  15. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

It's really neat to me to see all the long gone store names

Most were gone before I could have ever heard of them

I usually had better sales of the keys than the boxes and the keys were easier to ship

Now some are making cheap new keys for them so that market has gone away

Marko likes this.
  16. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

That IMO is a little bit too much for one especially a beat-up one unless it has a really great name inside or if it was one of the older styles.

I have never found one with a key but it doesn't seem to matter to the buyers. I think it has more to do with the name inside than the box itself.

Aquitaine likes this.
  17. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

A full-sized cedar chest? Have you seen new and used prices? It was gone the next time I went in a week later.

18. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Another reason to love this group. ♥️

19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Bought some stuff I shouldn't have this weekend. But "Oh you can have that", was the enameled 830 silver pin. Still need a good shot of the maker's mark. Oops. The garnet one was $15. No marks but it's been around a few. The cinnabar dress clip was in a junk jar, as was the filigree and pink glass.(?!) Why I'll never know, but paid $6 for the two jars. Also in the junk was the Trifari goldtone bracelet. Paid way too much for the cast pewter, but I liked the burning busy pendant and the bear.
    DSCF8545.JPG DSCF8548.JPG DSCF8549.JPG DSCF8546.JPG

Boland, johnnycb09, kyratango and 8 others like this.
  20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Love the cinnabar the most!

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted