Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I'd say a Thai souvenir from an Air Force guy during the Vietnam war

kentworld likes this.
  3. kentworld

Nice idea, but I don't think there were too many Canadians in that war. However, Thai is good. I like the dragons!

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

There was an import store in the 80s that sold stuff like this,I had a winged statue I bought from there that looked like this,same colors even. Ive tried a million times to remember their name,they had great stuff from all over the world dirt cheap.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Pier One used to sell good stuff like this, before they gentrified and stopped selling anything worth buying.

6. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

What is B and M? Pier One had a completely mirrored dresser I wanted, but that would be impossible to maintain in my house. It was a whole bedroom set made of mirror sides.... still looking for a dresser for the spare bedroom.

7. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Marko, I "think" Kentworld was referring to a "brick-and-mortar" store, sort of shorthand for a "real" store you walk into, not an "on-line" store. ;)

komokwa likes this.
  8. kentworld

Yes. Real store rather than online venue. I can definitely see this coming from one of the Asian import stores. It has that reddish stain on the back.

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Monday morning find. Going to care for the nephews saw a pile of stuff on the curb from a yard sale. Found a box of vases, have not gone through them yet save the best til last. Took this aluminium plant stand and flower boxes. The pots are mine. The wheels move. I do not think it was ever used perhaps inside with plastic plants:eek:
    greg
    greg 002.JPG

10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

The carving is likely from Bali. I used to import similar in the 90s.

kentworld likes this.
  11. gregsglass

Hi,
    Here is the box of glass. There was also 9 florist vases. I did not photograph them. I have ID'd all of them except two. The relish I should know but the brain ain't connecting. The creamer/pitcher is also. I will start a separate thread for them. 003.JPG

Pat P and Bakersgma like this.
  12. gregsglass

010.JPG Hi,
    Here are shots of the two. The relish is 10" long and 5" wide. It has a panelled pattern. The creamer is 24% lead crystal, it is 6" tall and 8" wide. It has a huge handle. I am guessing Germany/Poland. It is molded. I am just hoping it is not a FTD piece.:D
    greg 005.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG

FlyingButtonRanch likes this.
  13. Vintage Vamp

Vintage Vamp New Member

I have not viewed this entire thread, but like many of the treasures you all have found. Here are several I've gathered. Elsie the Cow holds a special place in my heart. Between the ages of 4 or 5 years old, I saw a billboard of Elsie the Cow. I thought she was so pretty with her friendly smile and daisy necklace. I looked up at my mother and said, You look like her! I meant it as a compliment but mom took it as my saying she looked like a cow. She laughed and lightly smacked me on the top of my head. It needs repair as you can see, and I have filled in areas but have not finished the work, I will eventually airbrush her when I feel like dragging out my equipment. She was purchased for $1.00.

The machinist box was found near Gatlinburg, Tn. It is used to store my 'rice writing' supplies in. Men are drawn to it and usually have questions and several have offered to buy it, cost me $15.00. The Kenmore mixer was found at a local antique store for $7.50, and it still works. The little car bank is a promotional item for Barnett First, Jacksonville, Fl.

I'm amazed at the items you all have found!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  14. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Greg, the plant stand looks great where you put it!

What's the bottle with the pattern in the center of the glassware? It looks interesting.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  15. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Vintage Vamp, love your remembrance of seeing Elsie the Cow on the billboard. One time and one time only a live Elsie and Beauregard and Beulah came to my area. Oh my goodness what joy when Daddy said we could go to see them at the large agricultural barn in town (but actually outside of the city limits). I was a young child but I still remember all of it. And they were, of course, giving away small cones (or cups???) of "Borden" ice cream. :shame:

cxgirl likes this.
  16. Vintage Vamp

Vintage Vamp New Member

What a treat YourTurn! Sounds like lots of fun and ice cream too!

17. gregsglass

Hi Pat,
    The bottle in an old Delft Holland one hand painted. Not an antique but ©1950.
    I'ts funny but it was the only open spot on the porch, thanks.:rolleyes:
    greg

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  18. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Very pretty, Greg. :)

19. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

this was all free....left at the curb...... WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Very cool finds Vintage Vamp, love that car bank!

Draft saved Draft deleted