Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Wowser, that is a lot of sales - hope you feel better and are able to hit some of them Sharona!

mymysharona43 likes this.
  2. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Thanks Cx I think I can limp to a few anyway like to hit the city sale but grand daughter (4)would burn out too quick so probably hit a few close

cxgirl likes this.
  3. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

Thanks Sharona and feel better. You'll be out-and-about in no time finding and posting finds as always.

My guess would be Java, first half of the 20th C.

JAVA 001-001.JPG

mymysharona43 and cxgirl like this.
  4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Sharona, sorry you've been so sick... hope you're all well soon!

I ended up with my hubby's cold today. Not too bad, but a lousy sore throat and little energy... been a couch potato all day.

5. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

In a four dollar box at auction. Room consisting of primarily dealers.
    0514 longines 002.jpg 0514 longines 004.jpg 0514 longines 003.jpg

mymysharona43, cxgirl and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well like I said......them's stupid folks !!!

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well....like they say.....Nuff Said !!!

8. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Perhaps if you just use a dark background and garble the voices

9. 'Nuff_Said

Perhaps, Terry...perhaps.

10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Here are some of my finds - Spartus Co motion clock, Walther & Sohne Dressing Table Tray 'Nymphen' 1930, Toronto Silverplate Co pickle castor, nice fishing creel - haven't had one of these for a long time and an old school pencil sharpener.
    DSC04258.jpg 11193396_932816696777430_8846744844468217894_n.jpg DSC04266.jpg DSC04208.jpg DSC04244.jpg

11. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Nice creel. Any Makers mark/tag?
    The center hole creels are better than those with the hole to the side. Rule of thumb anyway.
    Condition looks splendid.

cxgirl likes this.
  12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip skeezix, I didn't know that! No marks or tags, and the condition is the nicest I've seen (not that I see many) - usually they have been well used and have breaks.

13. mymysharona43

Straight over the head....
    Nice score on the watch and that mask is cool
    Cx Love the clock! You may not have as many sales but yours seem to have some goodies....Love the castor too

14. mymysharona43

My other daughter knows how sick Iv been so she agreed to watch grand daughter so I drug myself out lol
    Got this nice box of Alexander dolls.....some need heads attached, I aint mad
    but they will go as is 3 or 4 are good/together
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. 'Nuff_Said

I'm sure he was taking a shot or two, he does that often. Most of the time I just ignore it. It appears those other post went poof! Nice find Sharona, but I'm a bit scared of dolls. :nailbiting::)

@CX, very nice finds as always...keep it up!

16. mymysharona43

Ohhh
    I am not a dollie either and the dolls girls are nice but very protective of their site lol
    May have to post any way they made so many zillions of the Alex dolls
    But I have recently bought several other dolls

17. 'Nuff_Said

$3 at a yard sale today. :D:D:D

TODAY'S BUYS 002-001.JPG

18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That book flask looks like ... Rockingham? Or just their glaze as swiped by someone else. The bowl...got me, but it's cool. I hit a couple of sales today. Got a pile of freebies at one sale, but nothing for Ebay or even old. Scrapbooking supplies at another for a massive discount, and a gold and pearl horseshoe stick pin along with some sterling from a friend's house...for free. I'm going to stick (ahem) my sister with it at Christmas most likely; it wouldn't feel right to sell it. She's also getting a pair of these - $20 at the end of a yard sale (I don't have a photo of mine yet):
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-GOEBEL-...818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4190fce03a

19. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

FINALLY got to go around today,found some stuff,I was jonesin bad ! I score anything good ? Im LOVING the box ! How cool is the Lucite telephone timer ?!? DSCN3145.JPG

Attached Files:

yourturntoloveit and cxgirl like this.
  20. mymysharona43

Cool finds
    Im irritated at my jeweler. Been selling jewelry scrap for I dont know near 10 years. When I took in that ram head he said he needed a receipt from the seller....so I sold it elsewhere. So took a little in this morn and he wanted a receipt from the seller NOt...he said is this your jewelry? I said well I just bought it
    Then he said his boys (that work for him) said they doubt what I find is coming from garage sales.....errrr he's getting very senile but I didn't like the insinuation from him or his boys Iv been dealing with for years
    Won't be going back there

Draft saved Draft deleted