Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Bridgets628

Bridgets628 Member

Excited about this new forum here!! Couple little finds this weekend. Northwood peacock at the fountain glasses. Couple Dugan glasses and a Moulin Rouge Purse. DSCN2443.JPG DSCN2446.JPG DSCN2453.JPG

Bookahtoo and FunkeysFinds like this.
  2. User 48

User 48 Guest

Oh, golly! Good stuff, everyone!

Another find of mine, of no great monetary value but too interesting to pass up. This little postcard-format booklet is about 7.0" x 4.75" (18cmx12cm), staple-bound, 64 pages in full color, each page with a line or two of verse appropriate to the image. It was published by Valentine & Sons Ltd., Dundee and London. It has no date but it has to be c. 1940 - 1952 based on the quote on the title page from the King.

So, in researching it yesterday I found a website about Valentine & Sons' publications. This title was not listed, so I emailed the website's owner, in Edinburgh, and gave him information about it and offered to send a scan or two of the booklet. He replied that the title was unknown to him and that he'd love to have more info and some scans.

Now, I ask you, isn't that the sort of thing that we all love?

Cover:
    [​IMG]

Title page:
    [​IMG]

Couple of Pages:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Christmasjoy and Bookahtoo like this.
  3. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

The case value exceeds the movement value

4. Bridgets628

Bridgets628 Member

Mapped out a couple yard sales in the neighborhood last
    sat for me and my little one to walk to, including an estate sale that no one but me showed up for :happy:. Young couple bought a house and thought only a few things would be left behind, but they left the EVERYTHING!! Nothing super spectacular, just a lot of vintage stuff!! I even found jewelry boxes in drawers with gold and diamond rings the owners didnt even know about ( and yes, I pointed it all out to them). Grabbed some marble lamps, a Chinese rug. Only paid $15.00 for few boxes filled of this and that including these Ormulu filigree perfumes :smuggrin: I'll be going back this weekend for some more this and that and some furniture!!

Attached Files:

Bookahtoo and rro2000 like this.
  5. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Found these 2 vases in an ebay auction. I don't know much about glass, but I bought them hoping they were Blenko. Posted on the PGP board and someone was able to identify the numbers of the vases. They were only $10 plus shipping.

DSCF1376.JPG

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    FunkeysFinds and Bridgets628 like this.
  6. tie.dye.cat

DSCF1679.JPG

Hmm, sorry the blenko picture is so big.

Also got these two Chinese cloisonne items at a yard sale for $2.50 each.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  7. moontymes

moontymes Well-Known Member

Very nice finds everyone! Bridgets I have NEVER been to a sale where I was the only one there. I think I would flip out I would be so excited! I Just bought this for $10. Such a pity the Qianlong mark was drilled through! You can still see some of it.

Attached Files:

8. terry5732

Just came out of a damp basement where these were about to be tossed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. SKCCOAST

SKCCOAST Active Member

Wow, wonderful finds everyone!

Have a couple of TS finds. The Contempo Jazz picture by Ted Ellis was $30. On his website they sell at $225. The brass flower arranger is probably from the 60's - 70's maybe. It was $5.00.

contempo jazz.jpg flower arranger.jpg

Bookahtoo and FunkeysFinds like this.
  10. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Awesome photos Terry.

11. terry5732

0604 finds 002.jpg
    Not antique. But found in the middle of the street today. The price was right.

Lilly_Ann, Lucille.b, Tauriel and 2 others like this.
  12. mkscollectables

mkscollectables New Member

Sweet!! We are having a big scavenger hunt here right now for money. Everyone is running about town like crazy people and following twitter for clues. That $50 reminds me of it.

13. tie.dye.cat

That would have made my day. Nice find. :)

14. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

pure profit!

15. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

Nothing of any great value, but I will sell it all :) Paid $10 for the cut to clear and $7.50 for the rest :)

IMG_6588 copy.jpg IMG_6601 copy.jpg

16. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I grew up having the little red and white choir boy just like that one on my Christmas tree so it's an oldish one.

17. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

Yes, I'm pretty sure the choir boy is from the 50's....I made a killing last year on the Christmas ornaments / decorations, I even sold some of his own vintage ornaments to Christopher Radko ! I didn't have too many real antique ones but sold the beejeezus out of the vintage 50's stuff and barely scratched the surface of what I have :happy:

18. rro2000

rro2000 Active Member

Tauriel, the little fellow with what looks like a turtle shell on his back is a Japanese
    Kappa, a river imp or sprite.

19. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

rro...THANK YOU!! I had no idea WHAT it was! lol! Now of to learn a little more about Kappa's :)

20. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Got this photo print today. It's trimmed on the left, so who knows what the picture originally looked like. There's some hand tinting. Has a 1920s-ish look to me. I wonder if it's a movie still.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted