Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Neat photo, that chiar is something else!

Love this finds thread!!! & this site!!
    Here's a few finds from this week
    Miniature menorah and painting 5.00 for both

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hull for a buck
    [​IMG]

These were 1.00 for pair, everything I bought today was covered in nicotine...
    Not sure who they are 6 inches tall
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I liked this little vase but it was soooo dirty I could not see the bad repair
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little jewelry 50 cents and 1.00 including a pair of kind of common Haskell earrings and a 10k mothers ring
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hagens mostly, 50 cents each
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

That's quite the kennel!

3. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Mymysharona, I just sold that exact pair of Haskell's a couple of weeks ago!

I always love your jewelry finds - you seem to consistently get a nice haul!

Also love the doggies. :)

4. mymysharona43

Oh thank you! I seek them lol

5. mymysharona43

I had to power shop today, god I hate that!
    Our lakewooood community darling was having a sale. Exclusive and Zillions of sales, and some goodies

It was really fun, I went into one sale and a guy on karoke maching welcomed me to his sale, I was still asleep, it was loud kmart shoppers! then proceeded to play guitar and sing, it was great

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

5 cut glass bowls - 5 different patterns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

A Boucher Narcissus pin.

[​IMG]

And a pretty rhinestone pin (unmarked).

[​IMG]

mymysharona43 likes this.
  8. mymysharona43

This reminds me of Haskell
    Not sure what it is exactly, spelter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A few pieces of jewelry, taxco ring heavy earrings, I think the damaged bar pin and ring next to it may be gold
    [​IMG]
    I got a few other things, will post tomorrow

9. mymysharona43

Love the bowls, the pictures show the cuts well!
    You've been finding some cool jewels too!

10. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Did Haskell make stuff other than jools? It's a pretty whatever it is.

11. mymysharona43

Not to my knowledge, but that's limited lOl

12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Went to mu favorite consignment shop on Thursday. The Maja hand painted Orrefors bowl was on its 2nd markdown so it was a steal. :happy: I have to post a photo of the metal figures on the toy board because I can't figure out who made them. All they have is a Made in England sticker on the bottom. The band pieces are Hegan Renaker.

[​IMG]

I got the next 2 pieces at the auction last night. The lamp is Fenton & I got it for $40. The plates are Mintons & have a hand painted design. They were $7.50 each. :happy:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Love the finds! Thanks for sharing!

Tauriel, maybe you know this already... that sure looks like a Navajo YEI rug in your haul.

14. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

Lucille, yes I posted on Tribal and that is exactly what it is. :)

15. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Finally got around to photographing some things. Good finds have been few and far between of late. However, I have been busy with other stuff and not out looking quite as often. I just hate it when life gets in the way of shopping :inpain: All are thrift store finds from the last few weeks.

This little Poole silverplate basket was 75 cents. I think it should clean up nicely.

stuff952.jpg

I got 4 of these Red Wing Random Harvest Dinner plates for $2.00.

stuff949.jpg

I bought 7 Breyer horses for $12.00. These first 6 are pretty run of the mill but the Indian pony with war paint sells fairly well. Of course all prices are down from what they were earlier this year so I will save these for a Fall listing.

stuff950.jpg
    stuff950a.jpg

Pair of Tony Lama boots for $4.00. Not antique but I will take these $50+ finds any day of the week.

stuff951.jpg

Not sure who made this modern vase I bought for $2.00. I will start a PGP thread for it.

stuff953.jpg

Boy's Town pottery vase was 75 cents.

stuff954.jpg

This print was bought for the frame. The carving at the top has a bit of an art nouveau flair. Paid $1.55 for it.

stuff955.jpg

This 16 x 20 painting on canvasboard is signed June Dixon. Can't find any info on her. I was attracted to the regionalist look with a somewhat unusual color palette. Bought for $5.00.

dixon.jpg

16. tie.dye.cat

mymysharona, is that stretch bracelet gold-filled victorian? I had one very similar to that but it was sadly too damaged to sell.

17. tie.dye.cat

Our annual neighborhood yard sale was this weekend - mostly a rehash of the same stuff I've seen the past five years here. The last house I went to, the owner prices her stuff after looking things up online, so rarely do I find something there worth buying for resale.

I was just about to leave when I took a quick look at her jewelry and found these sterling earrings, many of which appear to be NA, and this turtle brooch that she had marked as Zuni, all of which were marked .50 each.

Unfortunately, most of the items don't have makers initials, and the one thing that does have initials, the turtle, I've been unable to identify the maker as of yet.

DSCF2183.JPG

18. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Moreother...I believe your bowls are wine rinsers, AKA wine glass rinser/coolers.

19. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Bercrystal, that's a real score for that Fenton lamp! Yesterday at a yard sale, I found just the top glass shade (not the lamp) and they wanted $40. for it, and I was tempted to buy it, but didn't. It was the cranberry color. I'm sure you'll do well with it, that's a pretty color.:) Oh, and by the way, I love your avatar....so cute!
    Love everyone's finds!!

20. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Oh, and by the way, I love your avatar....so cute!

That shot is entitled Waiting for Dad & I see it every afternoon starting around 4:30. What you can't tell from the pic is that the one on the right has her snout stuck in between the slats. You would also need a video to capture the chaos that happens when they here the beeping of the electric gate opener which signals that dad is about to enter the backyard. ;) LOL

I was shocked when no one bid against me for the plates or the lamp. I am hoping to get them both listed in the next couple of days. I very rarely posted on the finds thread on the AB because I try to list my stuff as soon as I can & always thought it was frowned on to list stuff you were showing on the boards. However, now that we are not connected in any way to ebay I will try to participate more..

Draft saved Draft deleted