Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Brad -

Thank you very much, I wasn't expecting any ID at this point but appreciate it greatly! I love the Zanesville vase - I was happy to find it at $10.00. I'm a firm believer that 'something' is to be had at most sales or stores, you just have to slow down and really look, so many folks go so fast. This was in a crate in a corner away from all the other tables.

I'm going to go ahead and post ID requests for the other two vases now on the actual correct forum.

2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

This week while garage sailing I found a fat wallet in the street.

Whilst going to deliver it I ran across another garage sale. Toddler clothes, Tupperware and grandma's sewing machine.
    0613 singer 001.jpg
    $25.00. From 1935.

yourturntoloveit and tie.dye.cat like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Score! Featherlight? Even if not, it's a score. With all the attachments no less. All that's missing is the oil.

4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

That was from 1954
    0613 singer.jpg

5. 6rivets

6rivets Active Member

Featherweight, but yes. Nice condition - and very nice to see everything intact!

6. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

This is sort of a find. FREE :) My friend was tossing these stained leaded glass panels so I rescued them. I have two perfect panels in the house. I plan on making something out of these that are injured. I love the leaves and flow phphOBRdBAM.jpg phpo2IZGSAM.jpg ers. There are also remnants under the saw horses.

the blacksmith and tie.dye.cat like this.
  7. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Love the sewing machine, Terry.

Lovely panes, Shiloh! And free! I used to make some stained glass about 20 years ago. Oh my gosh, 20 years, I can't believe it's been so long!

I just wanted to post a nonfind that I came across last week so people know what NOT to buy...lol. Fire King Jadeite is hot right now, right? So when I came across an ivory jadeite casserole with the stand, I thought it would have to be super rare. Wrong. Not even worth selling.

DSCF2204.JPG

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  8. tie.dye.cat

I also got these mugs. I wish they were marked as I can't find anything comparable. They reminded me of these ribbed coffee mugs we had when I was growing up.

I got 12 pounds of jewelry, but I haven't finished sorting through it yet. Found a bit of gold and silver so far plus a few decent pieces to sell.

DSCF2193.JPG

9. spirit-of-shiloh

12 pounds of jewelry??????????????? I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous.:bigtears: I like the casserole and the cups ;)

I wanted to take a class on leaded glass 40 years ago,LOL. I could not afford the maaterials at the time.

10. tie.dye.cat

Oh Shiloh, I hate to make you even more jealous, but I think it would be things you would like - lots of copper, pewter, brass.

I have it scattered everywhere, but I'll try to get some shots later.

I taught myself the stained glass. I had wanted to do it for a living, but the work that is involved, and the little amount you can get for most pieces, just made it not worth it.

11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Some great finds and I even like the non-find Fire King. Maybe you can sell it locally? I sometimes find that things with little demand on ebay can have a bit of market for them locally.

Very nice stained glass pieces and you can't beat free. I have an affinity for stained glass. I have a collection and some bits and pieces around as well. I took a class about 30 years ago and always thought I would get back to it. Agree with tie.dye.cat that it is too labor intensive to make much money at. Unfortunately, I need to work at things I can make some money with and all the fun stuff gets put on the back burner. :(

spirit-of-shiloh and tie.dye.cat like this.
  12. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Well, believe it or not, I do have a find -- which I "found" on that other place! ;)
    1949 Royal Worcester cigarette holder -- not remarkable except that it's handpainted and signed. $4.00 + $9.00 shipping, hee hee! (Dunno who signed it -- my go-to guy for info like that says that could be initials rather than the full sig. He doesn't recognize it. :( )

Haven't figured out how to post pix here, so will link to the closed listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281342626984?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

13. SKCCOAST

SKCCOAST Active Member

Spending several days in San Antonio dog sitting for my daughter. Just hit one TS yesterday and purchased the signed Walter Wilson figurine and the Lefton bud vase.
    sunday.jpg

14. spirit-of-shiloh

Oh tie-dye now I am going to cry! Please do share :)
    4.00 for that cigarette holder??? WOW, what a steal :)

Brad and tie-dye, There was a gal in a law office where I worked that made such lovely leaded glass. She even made a couple of panels framed in wood for the counter. Our atty. loved it. She also made the sun catchers. I plan on doing the suncatchers too for the yard and house. I love tedious work so its just a matter of geetting intoo the mood ;)

kentworld likes this.
  15. spirit-of-shiloh

PS
    Nice finds everyone :)

16. spirit-of-shiloh

Yes the same goes for making sterling jewelry with stones. Lots of work and time involved for so little money in return.

17. spirit-of-shiloh

I shared this on the AB awhile back but I think its so cute I will post it again. :)

phpmWmmP1PM.jpg

18. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

so cute shiloh
    I like the wilson figure too
    Come on tye dye were dying to see the jewels. My best buy of jewelry was about 10 years ago, a blue plastic tub full, but I paid 1,000 dollars for it but sold several bakelites for nearly 500 so made tons mula on that one, me and my daughter didnt come up for air till we hit the bottom (not sure where it all went) lol

spirit-of-shiloh and tie.dye.cat like this.
  19. mymysharona43

dang terry your finding money all over the place

20. mymysharona43

Found my first (and probably last) Yixing Tea pot
    So excited hope its a good one...jpg is having someone look at it for me, it was a buck and almost missed it
    I was so sick but managed to continue garage salin lol
    Otherwise been in bed all week end sick sick sick

Draft saved Draft deleted