Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2018-9-20_16-12-12.jpeg soooo...my little guy....is a lucky little guy !!!

Aquitaine, kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

They probably wanted to wear them both and had it custom made.

kyratango likes this.
  3. rhiwfield

rhiwfield Well-Known Member

Just got back from auction and buzzing!

Bought 7 porcelain lots including much damaged Royal Worcester (as well as a few good pieces)

Lots of research before auction and lots more to do now we have packed them and brought them home.

But they include some very rare (and damaged!) items, and we will soon learn what the trade off is between rarity and condition.

I love interesting lots!!

Here is one lot:
    [​IMG]

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice everyone.
    I learn so much here.

I didn't take any photos as yet but I managed to buy some Fire King Jadite pieces yesterday. I was the first one in the door, and that was a first for me with this estate sale runner. woo hoo.

I got some other things over the last few days too, so hunting has been good after a long time of finding nada. Knock on wood, so I don't give it a canary.
    :) Now if the sun would just come out.:(

Lucille.b, Bakersgma, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The owl plate for me, although the piece at the far back right corner looks interesting too.

Just the other day I managed to break a little Jadeite plate I'd been using almost daily for years. Now I'm afraid to use the one remaining small one & the dinner plates, of which I have 2 or 3, are larger than I need most of the time. Flea market acquisition from many, many years ago. Love the color.

pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  6. rhiwfield

All wrapped up atm but I think the owl plate is Royal China Works (rubbed along the high lines but I think it may be handpainted..need to check that out)

The piece far right back has been broken and reglued, as have several jugs :(. Piccy of the gorgeous but badly damaged Royal Worcester twin handle vase from 1887 shape 1109. Robins nesting at night

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Thanks! Didn't even know I was picking out another 'bird one'.

kyratango, rhiwfield and i need help like this.
  8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Yep, the jadite glass can be slippery. It is a really nice color, but truth be told, I collected mostly all delphite. :)

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  9. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

The dragon has the eyes of my dog when I hold a treat in front of him:hilarious: I nearly expect to see him wave his tail;)

Bronwen, i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

The second pair of earrings may be silver, the soldered links are a good sign, cheap costume has open links...

The hair brush will be your favorite back scraper from now, it works really fine;)

11. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Actually,I used it to brush the last remaining cat from my feral family ! He was eaten up with fleas and ear mites,so I treated him and gave him a bath,then I dried him and used that brush on him. He loved it ! I still dont know what happened to Girl Kitty or the other 3 kittens. :(

Jivvy, Bronwen, i need help and 3 others like this.
  12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

:(:(:(:(:( Hopefully someone have-a-hearted them and rehomed the babies.

I see the Worcester (?) cream jugs in there too, and that spill/celery vase with the church on it looks interesting. So does that Japanese-design blue and white plate. Or rather I like the plate whether or not it's worth much. As for that owl in the back...

13. rhiwfield

Nearly all Worcester.

Need to check out the church vase, too small for celery.

Figurine is Hadleys.

Cream jugs are repaired :(

Bronwen, pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I think I was actually looking at a hand-painted vase; it rather looks like an owl at a distance and in a blurry shot. That's probably Worcester too.

Bronwen, pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  15. rhiwfield

Yes, I think it is, but has a damaged rim

16. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OMG!!!! THAT was a HILARIOUS slapstick show.....SOOOOO FUNNY!!!!! And YES, I DID see that one!!!!!

17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Yep....remember it like it was yesterday!!!!!

18. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

;-) that was not what crossed my mind when I saw them stairs.... (lol!!)

kyratango and i need help like this.
  19. johnnycb09

I hope so Evelyb,but Im afraid coyotes may have gotten them,though theres no evidence of that. Im surrounded by woods and they have been spotted out here. They were here one day,gone the next except for Baby . And I was worried he wouldnt make it since she had just started weaning them,but hes fine. Lets me manhandle him like a plush toy and do whatever I want. Now if I can just convince mother to let me bring him inside,but shes old school about animals in the house and so far its a losing battle. :)
    A few pretties from the backlog,if Ive reppeated anything forgive me in advance.
    9 inch tall cinnabar vase,old or newish?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    10 inch tall Blenko (?) vase
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    8 inch tall ,probably Chinese but I liked it (for $2 !)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5x5 enamel box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    12x12 fused glass plate,the colors plus Im a tree freak ensured itd go jome with me. No signature.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. johnnycb09

Doh ! I forgot my favorite find this week !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted