Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

Two for me today:
    83ED7535-6362-4FD9-9DB6-1A21A9440071.jpeg David Andersen enamel earrings for $25
    AF51E906-C8BE-4D01-9993-9289EF698161.jpeg 38EA5012-84A7-482F-8314-25DB80F147A3.jpeg And this lipstick compact for $20

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I like metal thread.....it's kinda military looking.... nice finds !!!

kyratango, Christmasjoy and BMRT like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Love it.
    Try looking at it the other way around, Chinese bat hovering over three Chinese coin symbols, the pointy nose just touching the central coin. Very auspicious, it will bring you even more riches for the Hoard.:D
    upload_2019-6-16_11-57-21.jpeg

Lucille.b, Marko, Jivvy and 9 others like this.
  4. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

indeed!! :hilarious::hilarious:

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Well, so it is! Thank you @Any Jewelry , shows how useful other eyes can be. ;) What sort of age think you?

Jivvy, komokwa, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Post 1980 I think, but made for the home market. Older adjustable size ones of this type are generally repoussé from a sheet of silver.
    This one could have been brought over to the UK by someone who bought it in a market in inland China. You can buy some nice, genuine stuff there.

They did make multi-layered cast rings before 1980, but those are much more delicate, and have beasties crawling over and under each other and hiding under lotus leaves, that kind of thing.

Jivvy, kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That sort of date would make sense: I knew HK residents who were bringing stuff back from the mainland then. Ta!

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Lucille.b and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

My paltry finds,pickings are slim lately. Probably more because Ive forbidden myself to buy one more vase or piece of china!
    [​IMG]
    What do you call this thing? I looked at posey holder,flower holder,hanging vase,silver plated,etc,etc and nary a match!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've never even heard a financial guy say not to buy sterling for well under melt.(LOL)

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  11. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Nice finds, love the Chinese bat ring. Hope it brings you more finds, Bear!

Pickings are slim here (probably because I slept two hours later than I was supposed to Saturday), and I missed a community yard sale I had no idea was happening. Picked up some picked over jewelry for 25 cents to a dollar. The flea market's big day was yesterday, just some leftovers there, too, plus it is always slow on holidays.

I do have some photos from previous week's finds to upload.

12. BMRT

Accidental online find during lunch, old delft brooch.

Signature isn’t too clear and seller doesn’t know what the setting is but my bet is this looks like silver. Not bad for a quick search and less than $10 including shipping. 4B749E86-2074-4A84-B7E1-C96EAE062A48.jpeg F6B41987-4E38-48C5-994C-66C763C76826.jpeg

13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it was 800 silver either.

pearlsnblume, kyratango and BMRT like this.
  14. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

What did you find out about it from that resource page?

pearlsnblume and Christmasjoy like this.
  15. Any Jewelry

The signature is simply delft. Much of this Delfts jewellery has that mark, but I don't know the manufacturer. My guess is that it is by a Dutch company outside the town of Delft.
    It is an older brooch, probably .835 silver, which was the usual Dutch silver fineness in those days. .800 silver was legally accepted because of imports from Indonesia, but Dutch makers rarely used it.
    Filigree is often not marked.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  16. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

1852-1865 Gorham silver salt for $1.49 and a jacques Hnizdovski
    Woodcut ltd. ed. 11/30 for $9.99.
    69018E0B-3B88-4E38-B5F7-7251F937B0AC.jpeg
    C4204E0C-D475-47F3-BC6C-793422A398F6.jpeg
    7C430D85-644E-4CD5-8D00-6AD24FC0BFB4.jpeg

17. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

18. BMRT

19. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Yes, the place is a gold mime.

kyratango, cxgirl, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  20. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

A couple of goofy things. The wind-up clock ticks loudly and the black chicken pecks the ground per tick.

Knew nothing about the bobble head other than to get it. Mine has a bit of damage, but found one sold for $150 so should do okay.

Same sale, 24K gold plated barbed wire Swizzle Sticks. Canister says they used real barbed wire to make them.

clock2.jpg frank4.jpg st2.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted