Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Anund,
    I am so green with envy with your finding that cream and sugar. I remember several years ago buying the creamer and sugar for 300 dollars and selling it on eBay for 750 dollars three days later.
    greg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, Joe, or do you and I share a love of the shades of green that were popular mid-century?

3. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I think so. The vintage art pottery like McCoy has such higher quality glazes than the modern junk produced today. Rookwood is so woefully underappreciated today compared to its statue 100 years ago when it was one of the premier pottery companies in the states and won tons of awards in Europe.

4. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Thanks Greg, first I’ve found in a few years and first cream and sugar I’ve ever found.

5. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

That BELT BUCKLE for a dollah!!!!

6. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I love that set!!!

7. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I had a similar pet dish. I got it for a dollar at a flea market, and it said Kitty, my cat's name!

8. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Since there was an estate sale three blocks from my house, you would think I would have gotten up. NO, but I did get there 12 minutes after it started, I was 12th in line to get in. I didn't miss anything I wanted. Small old house, but a full basement. I got this new in the box, never used, $8.
    Faberware Coffee maker (640x640).jpg
    I am going back tomorrow, half-price day. There were vintage hats there, never worn, I grabbed two black silk velvet numbers with feathers with the hat box, $10, need to photograph, and they will be $2.50 tomorrow for the rest. It was a mob scene because they had a ton of tools, the guys were going crazy. They had retro glass-topped tables, but wouldn't split up the set- $248 for three tables. I bought my same tables for $85 at a house sale. They could have sold them all at full-price if they split them up.

Then I went to an estate sale that started yesterday, and when I got there, just in time, the prices went half-price. I didn't photograph everything, but I got this guy for $2.
    Donut Maker 2 (381x640).jpg
    Donut Maker inside (363x640).jpg
    I go to the Lobster House in Cape May for my birthday every year, and lo and behold, there was this guy. They are used to server salty snacks during cocktail hour at the bar, and they are not for sale. $3.
    Lobster House Dish (480x640).jpg
    And I am checking out and there is a table by the cashier with this on it. It was over two hours after everything went half-price, and I figured, why not? I didn't have my phone, but I fell in love with the beauty of the set. The mirror has the old original Gorham Sterling sticker on it. Gorham sterling vanity set, buttercup pattern, half-price was $45.
    Gorham Sterling Vanity Set (640x511).jpg
    They had so much great stuff. They had a wooden colonial tea cart on sale for $45. If I had an antique booth, I would have bought it.

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It does look like ought to be Klingon...

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I just did a quick and dirty search and found the same design on Etsy with somewhat different hardware. The Etsy one looks like someone engraved their Social Security number on the back as a signature, and NM. ...and a wishful thinking price tag that I'd be happy with too - over $500. Eeep.

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I traded Mom the Farberware for her 2 cup drip filter machine :happy::happy::happy:

Christmasjoy, kyratango and Marko like this.
  12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Boy, I need to read this thread more often. I see many lovelies.

I didn't go anywhere this weekend due to feeling under the weather due to stress.

I did not watch Star Trek at all. But I know of them from channel surfing. Spock had shop on Etsy before he got ill. So, no Spock and no Captain for me as to who is more handsome.

Just send over Brad Pitt and we can call it a day.

13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Hope you are feeling better.:)

Christmasjoy, johnnycb09 and KSW like this.
  14. pearlsnblume

15. MR Treasure Hunter

MR Treasure Hunter Well-Known Member

I came across these, there probably nothing dfgjhjhdg.png I was wondering if anybody could tell me anything about these. They have a fair bit of age to them.

16. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Mr TH, You will have a better chance that the people who know about ceramics will be more likely to see these if you put your items in the correct forum ie pottery, glass and porcelain.

17. pearlsnblume

Are those wall pockets Mr. TH?

18. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

And it would also be better if the lighting for your pictures did a better job of illuminating the details.

19. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted