Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Haven't had a lot of time for hunting lately but grabbed this Brush vellum pot for 1.99 today.
    48696498802_819bafc2da_k.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

$1.99???? :jawdrop: That's amazing, Aaron! You lucky duck!

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

This 3 inch tall seal was found at the rummage on a table with glassware and a bunch of stray decanter stoppers. So difficult to find out the owner of this coat of arms but may have been related to captain caveman.
    A63242A0-B839-4A08-A0DF-46CA7D6844A7.jpeg D50217E3-7B2B-44E9-B055-EBCB4E6FAE50.jpeg BFB6199B-8219-49B9-8A64-D9ADC036F545.jpeg

4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Wohhhwww! A nice find :woot:
    Fred Flintstone's seal!!!:joyful:
    Joke apart, it is a pity heraldry vocaulary is so complicated... I'd love to know who's that crest:)

5. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Yes, there’s so many, arms holding arrows, swords etc. I’ve been looking at club, Irish shillelagh, Armstrong etc but no luck.

anundverkaufen, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  6. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Found this large bakelite doric column at the flea market this morning, 11-1/2” tall. I’m not sure if it was just a decorative object or maybe a display thing.
    3C4867DF-0A01-491F-B36A-3D4DC0EC62E0.jpeg
    7197E244-1A96-4CF4-BFD2-AA4D28BF44B9.jpeg

kentworld, Jivvy, Figtree3 and 8 others like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

NICE! Now that's a hunk of bakelite! That glass seal looks awfully familiar from somewhere. I've seen it before ... but where?

8. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

$30 this morning. Do you think a hand forger skeleton key has any value?
    blah 001.JPG blah 002.JPG

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

like like like like like....................................:):):):):):):)

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

pearlsnblume and Bronwen like this.
  11. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Skeleton keys tend to sell well especially at Halloween time.

kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  12. MR Treasure Hunter

MR Treasure Hunter Well-Known Member

I love old keys I used to have lots of them from when I was a kid that I collected but lost them, I still collect old keys but none as good as yours.

Here are some Iron keys I have.
    keys.png

13. MR Treasure Hunter

Here are some more of my woodland finds, there were lots of old bottles but most of them were plain and common so I just took a few bits, including a complete miniature teapot and a few lids which fit the small teapot.

Finds 1.png
    finds 2.png
    finds 3.png
    finds 4.png The glass bottle is embossed and says "By Appointment To .H.M. The King" and has RAWLINGS embossed on the other side.

14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Your teapot is a brown Betty.

Bronwen and MR Treasure Hunter like this.
  15. MR Treasure Hunter

Thanks for the info... do you know the age roughly of this teapot? I'm guessing 1930s to 1940s

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Bronwen likes this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

May be earlier and tricky to say: these were made from at least the mid 19th C. Stick some images of it in a bit more detail on the Pottery threads and I'll have a look.

MR Treasure Hunter and Bronwen like this.
  17. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have hade this DeVilbiss dauber bottle for about 10 years now, but just got the atomizer yesterday. :D:D:D

I could have had it a couple of weeks earlier & significantly cheaper, but I didn't look through my saved searches until later in the afternoon & when I clicked on the listing it was already sold. :facepalm::facepalm::arghh::arghh::bag::bag::(:(

I was very bummed until earlier this week when I found it once again with its new owner & did the BIN immediately. I paid about $18.00 for the dauber bottle so the set was actually not too bad considering how scarce these pieces are nowadays. :p:p

Now all I have to do is find the matching powder jar which looks basically like the dauber bottle only larger & the entire metal piece on top is the lid. :smuggrin::smuggrin:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

What an attractive set, Peggy. Nice finds all around!

Posting two items from this week, could not be more different. Starting threads on both.

Ceramic rabbit (toothpick or hat pin holder??)

Enamel wall hanging --esp. interested to see if I can nail the artist down. Going to post under the metalware forum.

rab6.jpg rab3.jpg amet2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  19. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Just came home from a sale. Got myself some Culver Valencia Glasses.
    There were so many in different patterns. But the parking there was terrible on friday's so I may go back on Sunday for the 2nd day when we can park till the cows come home without getting a ticket. And perhaps the prices will be less too.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Gold one

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted