Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

2. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

thanks cx , at the least from contacting the picasso's ,i now know it's not stolen or on any missing list lol

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

Mini suitcase, at a mini price! ;-)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ACP, pearlsnblume, all_fakes and 16 others like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

CUTE AND Very COOL!!!!!

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Found something I'd never seen before, but makes perfect sense in a large hotel with lots of laundry.....in the earlier days!!!! Also thought it was very neat!!! A MANY-IRONED Pot bellied stove!!! Block Island Historical Museum.....they change their stuff around, hence my not seeing it before!

FUN-Post!!
    ZZZZZZ MANY IRONS_112740.jpg

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

7. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Think I scored today at the rummage for less than $2. Tristam Ellis watercolour of Balaclava 1898? Frame is filthy but painting looks okay.
    ~
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

ACP, pearlsnblume, Lucille.b and 10 others like this.
  8. lloyd249

pearlsnblume and cxgirl like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

from the look of the handle , lock and wear , it must have held something heavy...industrial even.....
    by itself though...it's so cute !!!
    Did LV , make items for industry ??

10. lloyd249

vintage multi meter case , i use to have one not a lv tho

pearlsnblume and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I went to a veterans' group tag sale this morning, took a wrong turn and wasted time getting there. Spent $3 after most of what I would have bought was already walking out the door. On the upside, a church sale that hadn't advertised was right up the street. $7.50 later.... and yes, these are all gold. Priced per card, not per pair.

Other folks wandered by a little stack of three dishes. I took one look at the back and put them in my tote. Longwy. DSCF2462.JPG DSCF2463.JPG DSCF2464.JPG

ACP, pearlsnblume, sch3gsd and 12 others like this.
  12. lloyd249

13. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

They did all sorts of things!:woot:
    I still have my late father’s 1950s hunting dagger/knife “à la d’Estaing” in leather sheath, both marked L.VUITTON:)

14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

those earrings are all gold ??????? WTF ???

the other day I praised a woman for being a volunteer ....... but someone at that Church...was asleep at the switch !!!

15. lloyd249

i love church sales ,nobody gives a heck about the stuff , just the total.

16. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

This was great for you but seems to me almost criminal on the part of the church, if people donated these things to them with the idea that they would make much more, to have their fine jewellery treated as costume.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  17. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Earrings are very often missed.

When I see them I run my finger nail along the post, if I feel something I take a chance. Along the post is very often where they are marked, the marks can be TINY and my poor eyes can't see anything without a loupe. I never pull out a loupe at a sale, I wait until I am in the car going over my goodies ;)

18. Bronwen

Wise words, all. Of course, some earrings have 14K posts for allergy reasons but rest of earring is not of equal quality.

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If the stuff is going cheap enough, and a buck a card qualifies, I generally just eyeball it and run. The biggest pair is 10K and the 14k hoops are JUNK, or would be if they weren't gold.:D:D:D The marks were bitty and the earrings aren't a lot bigger.

This looks pretty much like the one I'm still using! They keep right on working.

God bless 'em! (LOL) In more ways than one! Earring get missed early and often; it's tough to read the marks or even realize there are any. The earrings themselves are mostly small and light. The weight was the giveaway; costume earrings use a lot more metal.

20. Bronwen

This is a criterion I use a lot in assessing cameo pieces. BTW, like those olivine studs. :D

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted