Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

... but whoever they are, they can throw them at me any old time!

2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

D0D4EA8D-8823-4CD8-92D1-F488B3C4975F.jpeg Not worth much but the gloves fit. The little shoe horn is plastic not bakelite. Again pennies from the rummage.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@SBSVC, Sorry to catch you back, but I called that COACH store in Tilton, NH and they said they've been there since the mall opened some 20+ years ago, and YES they are a factory store. But, to me, the bigger find is, that I went back and looked in my bag another time and there, stamped, but faint, is what I'm showing below!!! Hoping it means it's Legit!!!! Even if it doesn't enhance the value!!!! I only saw it when I put direct sunlight on it!!! Can't believe it!!! The fainter one is original color, the brighter one is enhanced image....but I still can't really make out 4th line......and were they really made in HUNGARY????? As it looks like it reads??

ZZZZZZ COACH STAMPED LABEL AS FOUND.jpg
    ZZZZZZ INSIDE COACH BAG4.jpg

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i doubt anyone would fake that....:happy:

5. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Aqui, I'm glad you found the creed patch! That makes things so much easier!

The first digit of the prefix, a B, means that the bag was made in the month of February. (A=JAN, B=FEB, etc. Coach skips the letter "I", so J=SEPT, K=OCT, etc..)

The 2nd digit, a 7, is for 1997. This particular numbering pattern began in 1994: 4=1994, 5=1995, etc., until they had to add another digit: 01=2001, 02=2002, etc.)

The final letter, U, indicates the plant in which the bag was made. From 1996 to 1999 (only!) U was indeed HUNGARY. After that, Coach reused the U for one of its China factories.

The last part of the number, after the hyphen, is the STYLE. As you can see, the last 4 digits, 9950, indicate that this is, indeed, a Janice's Legacy bag. Very nice!

Also, the "bulls-eye" mark at the top left of the patch means that this was a FACTORY STORE bag.

So... there you go! I see nothing to indicate that your bag is anything but AUTHENTIC!

I have an extensive collection of Coach data (up till around 2000) so any time you need help with a Coach, I should (that's should, mind you! It's been a while...) be able to help.

Oh, Komo, you would be AMAZED! Some of the fakes are so good they fool the real experts... Generally, tho, there is SOMETHING that gives a bag away as being a fake... I worked freelance in fraud control - you wouldn't believe some of the things I saw!

6. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

I really went ham this weekend. Here it is between the massive antique mall and online finds.

4F390BDD-78C9-4F9B-95CA-F9C379956468.jpeg An intaglio Avon pendant

9BE488EF-1AD0-4B8D-A4AB-91D9412A34DE.jpeg A small glass chickadee which will have a new roost soon on a windowsill

D69CBEFC-3DC0-4F52-B90F-D5AE4DC30708.jpeg A Uncas intaglio ring in what looks like hematite surrounded by marcasite set in sterling.

8328D785-3BE7-4C96-9CAA-D75083AF9395.jpeg This sweet little cameo bracelet marked Karu sterling.

B66C2EC9-7254-418C-842A-5910AEFED059.jpeg
    This sterling ring marked “Beau Sterling” with either a bone, celluloid or ivory flower.

2552E961-8189-4A02-8C82-FE9BAEA09361.jpeg A mother of pearl handled nail file and the tiny beaded bag which holds it.

18191F74-48ED-437B-8AF6-0C9D4984AABB.jpeg This sterling egg with a patchwork of enamel. It has wee marks which have yet to be investigated.

97EEFA59-7948-4187-8712-D4DC7C62796E.jpeg These tiny demitasse spoons who have no marks, polished up like silver plate and have a gorgeous peacock eyehole made of glass.

CD594071-DBC4-4961-A45A-1E7B97643F79.jpeg This silver, marcasite and what I guess could be garnets (I hope so anyway) bracelet.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  7. BMRT

And continuing on...

D6E1B73D-223B-4369-A2D6-6A97BA188D8A.jpeg This sterling set with unknown stones. Lovely heavy bits, all of them.

66A640DE-CAAD-4653-8EEE-9EF0B67C375E.jpeg This large pink glass cake stand.

7EA0D740-B150-45CE-8626-99168CE32129.jpeg This plastic necklace who’s beads really caught my eye. They can’t be anything but plastic however the swirls are very neat and none of them are exactly alike.

CD6473AB-2DB5-4F45-A03A-78E61356AC6A.jpeg This necklace made of what I am fairly sure is bone.

84F98A70-28A7-46C2-9C64-4E7ABAC221EE.jpeg This David Andersen gold washed sterling brooch in black enamel to add to my hoard of his works.

422D34A8-3C14-4FC0-AAB2-8CC1CC37BCBA.jpeg And finally this white gold ring.

I need a larger jewelry case to store all my bits in and a larger bush so my mailman can hide the packages from my husband. :depressed:

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

:hilarious: You really went to town, BMRT!

9. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The red/pink stones look like "quench crackled and dyed quartz".

10. BMRT

Another jewelry thing I’ve never heard of. Thank you!

11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@SBSVC, SO THAT'S what a "creed patch" is!!!!! I had NO IDEA WHAT you were talking about!!!! I figured maybe a cloth label had been cut out!!! Hey, green as grass here!!!! WELL, NOT anymore, now, thanks to YOU!!!! AGAIN, Thank you so much for the education!!!! And SO glad I did go back for another look!!!!:):):):)

12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Aqui, Coach used to say that the "creed" was their promise of authenticity & value. The wording on it changed now & then over the years...

I, too, am glad you found it! I remember a number of the older bags by sight, but give me a creed patch, and I'm golden!

13. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

I’d give it a look under UV torch to see if it glows:cyclops:
    What a nice hoard you got, BMRT:woot: and :hilarious: for the bigger bush to hide parcels from hubby’s view:joyful::joyful::joyful:

14. komokwa

I like the gold ring....rose rosettes !!;);)...very Macho ! :woot:

& once again...how do you keep those claws so nice !!:)
    My wife's break at the drop of a hat !!:(

15. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Diana/Artemis. :)

16. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

A few more items from an estate auction. These people had really good/expensive taste. Lots of hardwood furniture, sterling, Waterford, quality art, and pottery. A few of the items I picked up. Also acquired the what-not-shelf from the other thread at this sale.

fenton carnival vase.jpg hull small vase.jpg

17. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

so i have found these number/letters (in pencil i think) on the picasso chair and another asso can be seen just to the right of them , i can just make it out DSC09782.JPG DSC09783.JPG DSC09787.JPG

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  18. BMRT

Ventured into the on-base thrift during our lunch break and found this chain. $2.25 marked Italian 925. 9ADB6EDB-6D13-40E6-87BE-016035D314F4.jpeg

19. komokwa

it looks legit...but the clasp should also be 925....band the wear on it makes it look plated..?????????????????

Houseful, Christmasjoy and BMRT like this.
  20. BMRT

Its on the end of the rope part. The clasp itself doesn’t have marks. It could be just the clasp is sterling and the rope plate. But for the price it was worth a gamble!

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted