Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

more like the clasp is metal...and the rope is sterling...
    which would be ok..

Christmasjoy, lloyd249 and BMRT like this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Good chance the whole thing is sterling. Agree, the fact that the end of the rope is marked Italy 925, implies the necklace part is sterling since that is part of the necklace, not the clasp.

Maybe that is just a spot of tarnish on the clasp. I've seen many of these, same clasp, rope design --all Italy 925.

Good purchase for $2.25.

Houseful and BMRT like this.
  3. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

good deal, i paid $20 for the same in a private sale , i had to replace the clasp also . 925 italy DSC09815.JPG

cxgirl, BMRT and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. lloyd249

bought a pretty kewl United ship clock with lights , thought it was a wash when i got it home because the clock sounded terrible when i plugged it in , then i noticed the front sail was attached with a key ring and when i wiggle the cord the clock will stop , so i oiled the clock, sounds good now and wired the front sail , need to get into it and rewire the clock and a rubber grommet for the cord . DSC09789.JPG DSC09790.JPG DSC09814.JPG DSC09810.JPG DSC09812.JPG DSC09794.JPG DSC09793.JPG

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

6. Wilder Finds

Wilder Finds New Member

Found these today and can’t identify them after hours and hours of research!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    anundverkaufen likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They look Japanese to me, but beyond that... dunno. They're kind of goofy.

Christmasjoy and Wilder Finds like this.
  8. Wilder Finds

Wilder Finds New Member

Closest thing I could find was Japanese Kokeshi dolls, but they don’t have arms.

9. lloyd249

they look like chess men to me and a google picture search came up the same thing . especially the king and queen on the ends .

10. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

So I found it, now what do I do with it?
    found 003.JPG found 001.JPG found 002.JPG

11. Lucille.b

Mini GW find, located under another cup/saucer. I could see just a sliver of enamel showing.

Love Norman Brumm stuff --I've had the enamel flowers, but never found a plate. Especially like this one.

aamush2.jpg
    aamush3.jpg

12. Lucille.b

@terry5732 I *think* that is a modern ornament-like piece of glass. I just got a clear red one in a bag with red prisms. Yours is fancier than mine, but I have seen this kind of thing around at sales. My guess would be sun-catcher or possibly to hang on a Christmas tree. Here is the one I got this week in a bag of other things. A little bit different but same general idea:

aaared.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  13. komokwa

yours looks like it came off a chandelier ...... terry's looks like a pendant !

Bronwen, Figtree3, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  14. Lucille.b

Certainly could be a pendant as well. Good point.

But I've seen this kind of thing hanging from fishing line displayed as sun-catchers. I think the former owner added those small chandelier like pieces to mine. If you google "tear drop Murano suncatcher" you will see the exact thing (minus the chandelier pieces). For some reason a bunch of sales have had them recently and they don't seem that old.

That said, Terry's looks a bit fancier, and could be a pendant. The glass loop on the top wouldn't be super sturdy for a necklace, but I think would work and may have been the intention.

15. komokwa

16. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

That's what I thought... although it could be used for either. Based on the pictures I think that Terry's is smaller than the one that Lucille showed. It would make a nice pendant as a necklace with a cord or chain. It could also go on a tree. Might be best on a small tree. That type of glass may or may not look good in a window. Not sure whether light would shine through it and it's rather small. Light would reflect off of it, though.

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  17. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

So, wear it or give it to somebody who will!

18. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

19. colonelmustard

colonelmustard Well-Known Member

We buy little box lots pretty often. Or just the contents of old junk drawers. It's fun and interesting to just sit on the floor with a cold one and go through all the littles we find. This was a nice one. I haven't yet figured out what the 2 tools (small hammer and nubby brush) are yet and probably will post a question about them elsewhere. The pulls and thumb screw are very cool.

Attached Files:

20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

That first vase is to die for!

kyratango and aaroncab like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted