Featured FINE PAINTING - ASIAN ? PLEASE HELP :o)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Rclinftl, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

the reason I say asian? is only because of the framing - very very intricate - it is definitely a painting - it's so large it was impossible to get a clear pic of the entire piece - it measures 42 X17 framed and the painting itself measures 35 x 11 - under glass - any insights greatly appreciated!!!

PAINT.jpg PAINT2.jpg PAINT3.jpg PAINT4.jpg PAINT5.jpg PAINT6.jpg PAINT7.jpg PAINT8.jpg PAINT9.jpg PAINT10.jpg

2. Rclinftl

I was unable to locate a signature....

system would only allow me to upload 10 pics and i had taken 11 - here is the last one... PAINT11.jpg

3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    Aquitaine, Lark, laura9797 and 6 others like this.
  4. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Very Nice, Rclinftl...I believe that's a portrait of a specific place/town...an' the perspective is good enough to narrow the artist's viewpoint down to a single building, an' room...if you were in the neighborhood! Tres' attractive!

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@Rclinftl, It's a VERY interesting picture!! I tried straightening & enlarging your FIRST image, but not very successfully as it was so small, but some of your closer images look nicely done.....to my eye, I think the people are largely out of perspective larger to the buildings around them....but overall, and I'm NO ART CRITIC, I really like the whole scene!!!! There's a boatload of work in that painting!!!!!!:singing::singing:

PAINT-3_00-Bx.jpg

6. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

. Self-deleted. I didn't see roaring twenties post.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    Rclinftl likes this.
  7. Antiquefab

Antiquefab Well-Known Member

Looks like a Tibetan version of "Where's Wally" with duplicate people.

8. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

The depiction of the mountains along the Himalayan range is pretty abstracted, but if that's meant to be Everest on the far left, the image suggests the view is probably from somewhere along or near the Pang-La Pass in Tibet...

Rclinftl, LauraGarnet02 and Lark like this.
  9. Rclinftl

THANX EVERYONE FOR THE HELP - GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

I don't think I will EVER understand art - why an elaborate rendering like this painting is worth a few hundred and why paintings R (1).jpg that I could have done myself in second grade are worth hundreds of millions is beyond me -

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  10. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

There is a temple on an island in Lake Fewa, in the Pokhara valley, Nepal.

11. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Some art is about the concept and not necessarily the technical skill.

And some art, especially certain modern works, are about being financial investment products for rich people in a market bubble. Yayyyyyy :grumpy:

BaseballGames likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted