Featured Fischer Vilmos Porcelain

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Dec 20, 2022.

1. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

I was fortunate to find a lot of pieces of Fischer Vilmos Kolozsvar Cubash pattern pieces at auction yesterday. The best is this small tureen. It stands 29cm tall. There are also 8 espresso cups and saucers about 12 plates and 4 large breakfast cups. (Some pictured).
    I can’t find any sites to date these . I’m guessing late 19th century but can anybody point me to somewhere I can find the marks and get an accurate date.

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Am just getting dinner.....don't know if this helps any.....don't know if the darkened curved area between 1:00 & 3:30 is just a reflection of something else, or pertinent to your tureen or something not! And all I did was enlarge the signature a bit!! LOVELY TUREEN!!!!

SMALL TUREEN.jpg

Figtree3 and wlwhittier like this.
  3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know if this helps but it's from a Sotheby's auction for a different pattern by the same person so hopefully it's correct.

If I read it correctly, I think the date would be somewhere between 1876 and 1884. Could be reading it wrong though.

"Vilmos F. Fischer was one of the sons of Mór Fischer who had taken over the Herend porcelain factory in 1839. In 1876 Mór retired to Tata and turned the factory over to his other son Sámuel. After working for the factory, Vilmos moved to Kolozsvár and signed his work “porcelain-painter, Kolozsvár.” Thus at the 1879 National Industrial Exhibition at Székesfehérvar all three were represented- Mór Farkasházy Fischer, Tata, porcelain items; Sámuel Farkasházy Fischer, purveyor to his Majesty the King, Herend; Vilmos Farkasházy Fischer, porcelain-painter, Kolozsvár. The factory was taken over by the government in 1884 and about this time the brothers moved to Tata, took over their father’s workshop and operated it as “sons of Mór Fischer.”

https://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2018/important-judaica-n09955/lot.103.html

Figtree3, kentworld and wlwhittier like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

As a porcelain painter, his dates would not necessarily be tied to the history of any given factory, but the later part of the 19th C looks good.

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. John Brassey

Thank you everyone. £10 well spent I think.

8. John Brassey

I’ve been looking at the pieces again today. The plates have an Epiag mark which was used from c 1920. Vilmos Fischer died in 1921 at the age of 80. I wonder if he was decorating porcelain right up to his death.

I’m sure that it is the same signature

Attached Files:

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Very possibly he ran a studio.

Bakersgma, Figtree3 and John Brassey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted