Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Five Delft Tiles Possibly 16th to 18th Century
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Nathan Lindop, post: 343160, member: 5285"]Hello everyone, recently got my girlfriends auntie into going to auctions and one of her first purchases was these five tiles along with a ceramic artichoke finial. Photo attached below, only have the stock auction photo for now. The auction stated that they were four delft tiles and one other, I’m assuming they are referring to the top left one. Still looks to be a tin enamel tile with age.</p><p><br /></p><p>I haven’t had any experience owning delft tiles but these seem to be very good for the £25 she paid. The one featuring the owl motif is 16th or early 17th Century in style. The boats and the artist seem to be 17th/18th Century in style and I’m unsure of the other but most likely 18th again. Please correct me though if my observations are off, I haven’t had the joy of learning about delft tiles in any detail yet.</p><p><br /></p><p>Can’t say much about the artichoke without looking for a makers mark or matching the design to a current one. It is lovely nonetheless.</p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]115744[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Nathan Lindop, post: 343160, member: 5285"]Hello everyone, recently got my girlfriends auntie into going to auctions and one of her first purchases was these five tiles along with a ceramic artichoke finial. Photo attached below, only have the stock auction photo for now. The auction stated that they were four delft tiles and one other, I’m assuming they are referring to the top left one. Still looks to be a tin enamel tile with age. I haven’t had any experience owning delft tiles but these seem to be very good for the £25 she paid. The one featuring the owl motif is 16th or early 17th Century in style. The boats and the artist seem to be 17th/18th Century in style and I’m unsure of the other but most likely 18th again. Please correct me though if my observations are off, I haven’t had the joy of learning about delft tiles in any detail yet. Can’t say much about the artichoke without looking for a makers mark or matching the design to a current one. It is lovely nonetheless. [ATTACH=full]115744[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Five Delft Tiles Possibly 16th to 18th Century
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...