FOLK ART PAINTING?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jul 5, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This is another painting I found at a thrift store today. It wasn't expensive because of the paint loss, and I don't know if it's any good - but my first thought was 'folk art' & then when I turned it over and saw all the religious & inspirational writing on the back, I knew I had to buy it and see what you'all had to say about it.
    So...thoughts?
    Thanks

ART PAINTING FOLK ART MARJORIE ROBERTS 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING FOLK ART MARJORIE ROBERTS 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING FOLK ART MARJORIE ROBERTS 2AAA.JPG ART PAINTING FOLK ART MARJORIE ROBERTS 5AA.JPG ART PAINTING FOLK ART MARJORIE ROBERTS 6AA.JPG ART PAINTING FOLK ART MARJORIE ROBERTS 8AA.JPG ART PAINTING FOLK ART MARJORIE ROBERTS 8AAA.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

More amateur than folk art. Value in frame.

Debora

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That said... Frame doesn't have much value either.

Debora

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

hey....at least it's not another factory painting.........and the image is sweet !!!:happy:

charlie cheswick likes this.
  5. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

lol my first thought was straight to the point - like a band aid Debora; just rip it off, it'll only sting for a second!
    then komokwa tried blowing on it so it wouldn't sting so much!

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I can see why it interested you. If the artist wrote all of that on the back, she certainly put a lot of effort and thought into it! I'm not sure whether there would be any customers for it, given the damage and that it's an amateur painting. The colors are nice!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted