Folk Style Painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by kardinalisimo, Mar 3, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I find it believable that Evans did both. I posted the enlargement of his siggy for comparison and it's believable that he signed both. The detail of the watercolor(?) of the dogs and the brown color used is very similar to the acrylic(?) color used on the canvas doll painting. The strokes are similar when looked at as done in different medias and with very different sized brushes.

They may have been done many years apart, I'd guess the dolls is much earlier, when the artist was learning how to paint on canvas.

It looks to me like the dolls painting was done at the request of somebody, perhaps even for or as a gift to a young mother.

A "Raggedy Anne" collector will want this. Best wishes for your future sale! ;)

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  4. kardinalisimo

Thanks. I forgot to aks if the dolls have names but you answer that question too.

5. kardinalisimo

By the way, I see there is Ann and Andy in the book. Is there also a baby Ann alike or this is just made up by the painter?

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I don't think Ann & Andy had the parts to make a baby !! :hilarious: so, no .

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted