Featured Foot binding shoes?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by HippAntiques, May 17, 2020.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I remember once reading about a contemporary of Beau Brummel who left a suicide note saying he had just become tired of all the buttoning & unbuttoning.

2. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

Are we are a society really now so evolved and high and mighty and advanced when we produce the like of this as a fashion craze...? ;)[​IMG]
    All hail the mighty Croc.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I thought those were only worn in hospitals.:confused:

4. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

5. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

I would say it's more that we are no longer held accountable...

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I don't have this model but do have 2 pairs of their scuffs. One I wear as slippers. The other pair I bought when it became too painful to stand in the shower in my bare feet. They're incredibly cushy & have no problem with getting wet, weigh nothing. You can see why the clogs became favorites in hospitals, where they have to wear closed toe shoes.

NewEngland and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. HippAntiques

HippAntiques Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Crocs!!! But, they're in our porch, and I only wear them when I have to go outside for something. I use them as slip ons so I don't have to put my shoes on. lol

When my son was 2, I bought him a pair, and he was SOOOO proud of them! He loved that he could put them on himself, and I didn't have to worry about them getting dirty, etc. He also had a high arch and wide feet, and they were the only sandals he'd wear, because other ones hurt his feet.

NewEngland and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted