Featured Fostoria Glass Company 'Coin' pattern cake stands

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by TallCakes, Dec 26, 2015.

1. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

my understanding is that Lancaster Colony only operated the Fostoria Factory thru sometime in 1986; most molds went to Indiana Glass (also part of Lancaster Colony). Someone may have a detailed accounting of the molds...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your fabulous collection, they are gorgeous!

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I am way behind on reading, especially in this fast-moving forum. I love this thread -- it makes me want to start collecting these! ... at least, it's a passing thought. I have a very small kitchen and dining room and don't know where I'd put this type of thing. :shame:

TallCakes likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I think of the links shown, the Duncan 'Three Face' is MY Fave!!!! An Unbelievabley GORGEOUS collection!!!!

TallCakes likes this.
  5. TallCakes

many thanks to all of you that I seemed to have missed. I'm still adding to my collection; tho' not as prolifically as before. One sister keeps telling me I need to 'down-size' or at least not add any more. I tell here that it's not 'growing' if I'm only buying when I sell something. I sell one for $300 and by 10 for $30 each; that's not growing is it???

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Don, your sister sounds like mine. She thinks my collection of fabulous Haviland and Limoges porcelain is "old lady stuff". Well, I AM an old lady (not in my head however). Since prices having been going way up, I've been selling some of it (lovely to look at, but no emotional connection). I need to show her my recent eBay sales and see what she thinks of my old lady stuff then! Your collection is beautiful and I love the fact that you also use your cake stands.

As a matter of fact, you were the inspiration for my Gillinder Lion collection. Mostly, I've looked for the compotes. Don't want goblets/tumblers, but wouldn't mind a Spooner. I don't buy them from eBay, just when I find them locally. Harder that way, but it's easier to control the collection. The paperweight is a recent find. Below the Lions is my collection of Pilgrim Glass (mostly iridescent) mini pitchers.

DSCF4616.jpg

7. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

"I sell one for $300 and by 10 for $30 each; that's not growing is it???"

Of course not, that's just reinvesting. Smart move.

8. TallCakes

Love the Gillinder Lion collection, Pam. I've never seen a cake stand in that pattern, and don't think they made one. I do have their Rustic pattern in both the boy and girl stem; tho' technically their catalog calls these bowls.

Draft saved Draft deleted