Featured Found 3 David Alfaro Siqueiros Prints Dated 1950s & 1960s but Unsigned Have Value?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Nov 20, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Bought these today for $20 each - they are on paper which is on unusual webbing? in what looks like the correct era frames?
    I found that Siqueiros is called one of Mexico's most important artists& some of his signed lithos on Japanese paper have sold on eBay for good money.
    Are these anything special? The Japanese like netting the paper is on + the zebra looking backing makes me wonder!
    What is the unusual backing (seen in last photo where paper backing is torn)
    Thanks I appreciate any help!
    AA ART PRINT SIQUEIROS 1AA  A GROUP OF 3 .JPG AA ART PRINT SIQUEIROS 2AA .JPG AA ART PRINT SIQUEIROS 2AAA .JPG AA ART PRINT SIQUEIROS 3AA .JPG AA ART PRINT SIQUEIROS 3AAA .JPG AA ART PRINT SIQUEIROS 4AA .JPG AA ART PRINT SIQUEIROS 4AAA .JPG AA ART PRINT SIQUEIROS 5AA .JPG AA ART PRINT SIQUEIROS 5AAAA .JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The first work is titled Caminantes, the second El Beso, the third Mujeres del Mezquital. Apparently Siqueiros is much reproduced. Think you may have to remove one from frame to see exactly what you have/don't have. Given the inexpensive matting and framing, don't look promising to my eye.

Debora

3. journeymagazine

Thanks Deborah - think I'll leave as is & put as a group auction on eBay

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I'm with Debora. It isn't likely they would be framed like this if they were originals and real. Very powerful work though, his murals are also impressive.

reader, i need help and judy like this.
  5. journeymagazine

They are powerful - they were hanging on a wall in a group & they drew me right to them

6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Love him too but open edition signed IN the plate 20th century prints are of decorative value only IMO as they were made for volume distribution.

Draft saved Draft deleted