Featured Found an Anachronism in a Movie yesterday re: Porcelain

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Jan 1, 2016.

1. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

o-my...........
    She's a fave of mine. Gene_Tierney.jpg :)
    I think I may pass out....

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

If you happen to watch Bates Motel when it is on tv (the show not the movie) in the kitchen are McKee glass shakers in either custard or ivory or white.
    I love to look for kitchen glassware and props in shows and movies.
    :)

3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

My biggest gripe is with animals, especially birds, especially parrots... so often they're in the wrong place or wrong time. Examples have included cockatoos in wild South America, macaws in Africa, and the Carolina Parakeet was mentioned as alive and well in an episode of Andy Griffith (those parakeets went extinct in 1910-20).
    Okay, I'm done, and thanks for listening!

4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Just shows you how much more the clownfarts in Holy!Weird! know than anyone else. :p

GaleriaGila likes this.
  5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Thank you, Kingsie! *grateful curtsy*

KingofThings likes this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    To all of you who like props in movies. The Christmas Story with the little boy who will shoot out his eye with his new Red Ryder BB gun. All of the Fiesta on the family kitchen and table was mine. I sold it to a couple of scouts looking for 50s kitchen stuff. I really only wanted to rent it to them. They said that they buy only since much of the stuff gets broken or taken home by cast and crew.
    greg

7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I want your autograph! That movie was filmed 5 miles from me... it's now a museum dedicated to that movie! I LOVE Ralphie and Randy and Mom and The Old Man!!! And the lamp!
    I'm fascinated to known that, Gregsie!

KingofThings likes this.
  8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Gila,
    Thank you. When I lived in Brooklyn a good friend of mine had a Junk Shop/antique store. He called me to come to the store since the "scouts"
    were there looking for Fiesta. He knew I had a really large stash. That is how I got involved. I have sold other stuff for movies also for rehab shows and the infamous Martha Stewart.
    greg

9. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

The company I work for has rented/sold quite a few items over the years to movie folks/tv shows. The latest was the first season of Fargo.

10. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

That's so interesting! Now I feel like I know people "in the movies"!

KingofThings likes this.
  11. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I sold an old fox stole with 4 pelts with heads and feet still attached that was used on Boardwalk Empire. Oprah's Harpo studios purchased a lavabo from me. I never saw it used on a show so I have no idea what they used it for. Maybe she put it in one of her homes.

A movie studio sound stage just opened in the town I live in. They filmed part of the new Ghost Busters movie there. Now there is a prop rental place that opened up and I've already sold a few things to him.

12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Way to go Mill Cove! And congrats to the others who sold stuff to be filmed.
    :)

GaleriaGila, komokwa and KingofThings like this.
  13. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

How awesome is that? Having your goodies immortalized in media...
    Wowww.
    If I can find somebody producing a movie about Mexican husbands, I can try to sell 'em some of my ol' man's stuff... Mexican beer can collection... vinyl Ritchie Valens records... belt buckle with Pancho Villa on it... and definitely that bolo tie with the gold nuggets...

14. Mill Cove Treasures

I know someone that had a movie company knock on her door. They wanted to use her house in a movie. They paid her a lot of money for each day they used the house. They painted inside and out and landscaped. All the "at home" scenes are in her house.

KingofThings and GaleriaGila like this.
  15. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

WOW!

Oh, hey... then back to my Mexican Husbands movie, I could rent out his man-cave in the basement... bull-fight posters, the aforementioned collections, the Lazyboy, mini-fridge... Febreze included.

KingofThings likes this.
  16. Mill Cove Treasures

17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I wasn't aware Febreze came in a bucket size spray !!:)

KingofThings likes this.
  18. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

AND Industrial Strength!

19. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

LOL King! Does Ann Margret know about this?

KingofThings likes this.
  20. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

By the way, did you ever see her in "Leave Her to Heaven"? Scary! She did a good job playing evil.

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted