Featured FOUND IN STORAGE AUCTION UNIT WIN- 1761 DELFT PLATES & VASES?!!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by journeymagazine, Dec 20, 2019.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you did........BUT....

3A - Offers to buy, sell or trade by individuals and/or dealers are not permitted in any way, shape or form in threads and/or posts. If you wish to make such an offer, contact the other party by Private Message or email.

Ghopper1924 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

lol lol lol

kyratango and Ghopper1924 like this.
  3. journeymagazine

Blooey I put the 3 plates on ebay for $600obo and the double gourd vases for $450obo
    I gotta be honest I was surprised at the estimate - when they have 18th century delft selling in the thousands.
    Make me a fair offer - I'm not a collector (sorry Delft fans!) but know that shipping isn't going to be that cheap; the packing/protection is going to make a big box! (may be better to do in 2 boxes because of their different shapes)

Any Jewelry, Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  4. journeymagazine

And I know the taxes are ridiculous going to Canada; I feel for you

Any Jewelry, Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  5. komokwa

HEY...the rules say PM him !!
    What....R U Delft !!!.:hilarious::hilarious::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. journeymagazine

hahaha - THAT was funny! I apologize; I honestly didn't know - I don't get many offers from here with the usual stuff I usually pick!

7. journeymagazine

OMG! I just saw the message you sent him above! I didn't see it before - as soon as I saw his offer I just scrolled down and typed back.
    I truly apologize - I depend on this site and do not want to do anything wrong & possibly suspended/kicked out!

kyratango, Ghopper1924 and komokwa like this.
  8. komokwa

No worries about that , I didn't report you to anyone..:woot:;);)
    it's just not good if say...guests see this and think it's ok to offer to buy or sell on any thread...other than the SELL Forum.... Ya feel me ? :):)

9. journeymagazine

10. journeymagazine

Turned out the large double gourd case has a crack which will hurt it - but my friend found another matching vase for the small one so that may help if I sell the 3 as a group?
    Also - I just accepted $590 for the 3 plates on eBay Christmas Eve!
    Thank you all for all your help with these.

11. journeymagazine

Vase not case - dang spell check!

scoutshouse and judy like this.
  12. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Well, that should have made for a Merrier Christmas!

scoutshouse likes this.
  13. journeymagazine

Here is my eBay listing with pics of the matching 11" vases + the crack in the larger one - but right after I posted the new photos on eBay I accepted a offer for $450 which = $1,040 for the vases & the plates! (yes I'm going to give my friend another $100! Even with the $100 I gave him when plates sold & $100 now that these have sold - I still made $800 off a $35 investment!)
    I appreciate very much all the info & leads; I wouldn't have known to even call the vases 'double gourd'!

Pics of the matching vase & the crack on the large one here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174133911320

14. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

well done journey:)

judy, Any Jewelry and bobsyouruncle like this.
  15. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Just an FYI about shipping to Canada. If the item is antique (100 years or more) then there is no duty attached.

16. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Journey, I'll be watching your Korii Joko jacket. I have a regular length one, also with fans, and have been wondering what they sell for.

17. journeymagazine

I put it on eBay yesterday: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174139725109

Any Jewelry likes this.
  18. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I noticed, thanks.:):watching:

Draft saved Draft deleted