Featured Four Perfume Bottles - Questions

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KikoBlueEyes, Dec 20, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

The first two bottles are a pair - mostly metal filagree with a slender glass tube in the middle. I don't know how to describe them to do research, so I thought I would ask here. I waited until they were half priced, before I bought them, as I was unsure about whether they were new or old, and there was a high price on them. They are 6 1/2 inches tall.
    The second and third bottles are unmarked and probably new. Any thoughts on them would be helpful too. The pink one with the white blobs is 5 inches tall and the purple one is small at two and half inches tall.
    Any help will be most appreciated.

IMG_3024.jpg IMG_3025.JPG IMG_3026.JPG IMG_3027.jpg IMG_3033.JPG IMG_3036.JPG IMG_3037.jpg IMG_3038.jpg IMG_3040.jpg IMG_3032.JPG

2. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Try gold ormulu / Hollywood regency for the first two...

3. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Can't say for sure, but the pink one with the long stopper looks like a Murano or "Murano Style" art glass perfume bottle.

4. Matahari

Matahari Well-Known Member

Never having heard of Hollywood Regency in my life ( not the first american description I have discovered here)

Hollywood Regency, sometimes called Regency Moderne, is a design style that describes both interior design and landscape architecture

no.gif

+1 for Murano

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Pink is more Mdina than Murano.

7. Darkwing Manor

characterized by the bold use of color and contrast often with metallic and glass accents meant to signify both opulence and comfort.

8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Silvestri makes nice glass ornaments. I have a couple for my Christmas tree.

10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree, although the stopper looks different from the ones I know.
    Kiko, you could have a Maltese bottle in spite of not being able to go to Malta right now.:) If you can't go to Malta, Malta will come to you.:happy:

11. KikoBlueEyes

12. KikoBlueEyes

Never heard of Hollywood regency. Great search term. Found the same base with a different top.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you very much.

bercrystal, Houseful, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  13. KikoBlueEyes

I never thought Murano. Thanks for the tip.

Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. KikoBlueEyes

Me too. Thanks for researching the term. I never equated Hollywood with royal, but it seems that they did.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  15. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

The term Hollywood Regency was or is thrown around quite a bit when selling real gold Culver glasses.

16. Darkwing Manor

You're welcome! I don't know where the dealers come up with these terms.. it drives us purist decorative arts historians crazy.. but you have to go with the flow.

17. KikoBlueEyes

Perfect. That's the puppy. It seems they used that tassel and color in others. I paid $2.25 for it, so I didn't lose anything. They priced it low because they couldn't get the stopper out, but I know how because I hang out with you guys. :D:D:D:D

18. KikoBlueEyes

Wow. Now I love that.

19. KikoBlueEyes

Making everything special. I found the word ormulu in that search too.

20. KikoBlueEyes

I can see some star struck woman buying these very impractical containers (Holding only a small amount of liquid considering the size of the tube and the dabber), and placing them on her dressing table and thinking herself very elegant.

Draft saved Draft deleted