Featured Friends! Another friend asked me to ask you about a dragonfly brooch

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, Sep 23, 2021.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Friends!
    My dear friend asked me to ask you about this brooch/pendant ( this is the only pic she can find) her Mum had one and she's been looking for a new one ever since she lost it many years ago.
    She found this one but it's in the US and over a hundred pounds,and shipping on top.
    She says the one she had was silver.

I think she's asking me to ask you ( I get so confuzzled with my own Q's innit) if you think that this is a remake of an earlier one maybe?
    And do you think they were American as she can only find ones in the US x[​IMG]
    Friends,thank you xxxx

2. Aznathalie

Aznathalie Well-Known Member

Search by description
    Old Chinese Filigree Enamel dragonfly.

3. BoudiccaJones

Thank you... we can only find some in the US. Do you think it's Chinese then? Haven't looked for that ... would you say this is a remake of an older brooch?
    Is this really filigree? Thank you for your help xx
    Off to look,using Chinese...thank you xx

kyratango and judy like this.
  4. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, these articulated enameled silver dragonfly brooches/pendants started showing up here in the U.S. around the early '80s (like so many Chinese imports), but were still pretty common 20 years ago and may still be produced (similar base metal 'Christmas ornaments' are still readily available) - would think they were exported to the UK and other places as well. Bit surprised at the prices being asked now, they weren't particularly expensive when new...

Shopping around for a bit will probably turn up some reasonably priced examples - here are two recently sold on eBay:

dragonflies-articulated.JPG

~Cheryl

komokwa, kyratango, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

6. BoudiccaJones

Thank you Cheryl,will relay the info...excellent info as ever! <3
    Thank you xxx

George my friend says she is very grateful for this info, it all makes sense she says xx

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

8. BoudiccaJones

Lovely. Thank you Kyra...I like that one ! xxxxx

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted