Featured Friends! Beautiful things for the **collection**( hoard)~cloisonne!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by BoudiccaJones, May 27, 2019.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Friends! I got these Saturday, just chucked on the floor on a house emptiers stall...I snatched the blue one up straight away.

The smaller one, what is it called? (It's not cloisonne is it? Is it a lot newer?)
    The smaller one is two and a half inches across and an inch down, the lovely blue one (already filled with stuff as you can see :eek: :O ) is four inches across and one and a half inches down.
    Is it jade on top? It's cracked but I really am happy with the box, I love it and I am going to keep it forever xxx

Is it late 1800s/up to 1921 ish? I think that's what I worked out?

(The cat thing I just picked up for curiosity sake, I have a friend in each booty I go to and they let me fill a bag and charge me at the end,never much,so I just chuck stuff in sometimes...I thought it was resin but now maybe it's bone?
    It's not good quality and also has a random hole on the side but still,I don't think it's plastic now?)

This is lovely,probably doesn't translate very well via my pics but the green is really glossy and shiny with depth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The star of the show!
    I LOVE THIS BOX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The plastic? cat...has a hole all the way through top to bottom and a random half hole on the side. I don't see any popped bubles,can see what look like capillaries or something but could be right off target.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Already filled with stuff from the weekend :O

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  2. BoudiccaJones

Slightly clearer pic of the poor cat ( looks amongst other things artifically aged?)

[​IMG]

judy, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely 'stuff', Bou.:happy:
    Love the boxes, great find. I'm off for a nap now, will be back later and see what everyone has written.:)
    Tea stained bone, probably.:cat:

4. BoudiccaJones

That does make perfect sense, dyed bone x x x x
    Enjoy your nap! <3 x x x <3 xxx

5. BoudiccaJones

This is something to do with printing, I can see that but how does it work? (What is it called so I can look for others? x)
    It's just over two inches across and and inch and a half down
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I took lots of pic of this but only one really came out :eek:
    Is it a hat pin? It's a mess from behind! I think the tube thing is glass
    It's three inches xx
    [​IMG]

I KNEW this was silver, from looking at it,I learned from here! It is hollow and light , and that can be a sign can't it? The other bit says STEEL but I was sure the poufy bit was silver ( I have found hallmarks now)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Why is this a thing? Imean does anyone know why someone would want a teeny glass egg?
    It was cute anyway so natch it came home to Jones Towers
    [​IMG]

And two rings,probably brass but very cute and now part of Bou Treasures <3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

judy, Any Jewelry, Aquitaine and 4 others like this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I love your China enamel box. Looks like the late 30s early 40s. I have several enamel coasters with the same design and China on the bottom. It is marked like yours. You found some wonderful stuff!!!!
    greg

7. BoudiccaJones

Thank you so much Greg! I had a FAB time! <3 xx

judy, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Silver thing is a cuticle tool from a manicure set. I agree on that nice box being 1930s ish or a bit earlier. The H ring may well be gold, the other is one of those little novelties made by beach sellers.

9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The ring on the right is someone's wire wrapping project; wire is usually GF. The signet ring also looks GF, maybe low karat gold.

I love the little glass egg, Utterly useless, but can see collecting them & having a very pretty, cheerful bowl full.

The inset on the box does look like it could be jade.

Way to go, Cuz! :kiss::kiss:

judy, Aquitaine and BoudiccaJones like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i agree......with everything.......more or less...:shy::shy:

11. Bronwen

The printing thing looks like a stamp that would need to be inked.

judy and BoudiccaJones like this.
  12. BoudiccaJones

Thank you everyone! I love my treasures!

judy and Bronwen like this.
  13. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Nice hoard, Bou!
    This is a bird cage chinese feeder:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Bronwen

But you could use it to store your itty-bitty egg. :)

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

good call , Kyra !!!!

16. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Those eggs are newer as I had bought some at Hobby Lobby (?) to go in a chicken candy container. I have a box like the round one but have never been able to figure out who,what or where. It tarnishes so maybe silver ? Im mad for the box with the jade as well!

Bronwen, judy, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  17. BoudiccaJones

Kyra,NEVER would I have thought that! THANK YOU so much...was convinced it was something to do with printing :D :D

Johnny...the silver colored one feels like silver but god knows I am not the best teller-outter...I am usually good at silver though I can never be sure xx

Bronwen, judy, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  18. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Bou, what a great collection of little things you gathered!! And I love the boxes you found!! ALL VERY NEAT STUFF!!!! So, you seem to like the "smalls"!!!! NIIIIICE!!:happy::happy::happy::happy:

Bronwen, judy, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  19. BoudiccaJones

Thank you lovey Aqui! I DO like the smalls, can have so many more than big things ! <3 xx

Bronwen, Aquitaine, judy and 2 others like this.
  20. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Thanks, I did.:yawn::)
    I'm with Greg and obb on the gorgeous Chinese box, 1920s-30s. Love the colours, and it is in very good condition.
    The handcarved plaque could be serpentine jade, a type of serpentine that looks like jade but isn't. It was often used for decorations on trinket and jewellery boxes.
    Love the little eggy as well.
    I agree, could be gold or rolled gold.
    They are cheaper in a very precious way.:happy:

Last edited: May 27, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted