From somewhere out East ... Modern or no?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lacto, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Lacto

Lacto Member

IMG_20220927_182758.jpg IMG_20220927_182811.jpg IMG_20220927_182551.jpg

Here is one for all you Oriental buffs.

I bought this at a brocante in Poitiers France.

I have no idea why except that I think it looks and feels fabulous to the touch.

I think the texture is called crank. It is possibly quite new - but then again there is a little bit of age wear to the base.

Also the three glazed dots in the matt circle might be a modern take on an old technique - putting the pot on it's side in the kiln then placing a tripod on top in order to place another pot on top of that - saving space.

Can anyone tell me what the chop says on the base? Is it Chinese? And is the pot for saki?

Height 4"/10cm diameter 3.5"/9cm

judy likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sake bottle shape, but that's as far as I get.

3. Lacto

Lacto Member

I think this a tokkuri ... what do you think

Draft saved Draft deleted