Featured frosted glass ice pale

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rclinftl, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

this isn't your run of the mill frosted ice pale / bucket like so many of those barrel shaped ones... it is hand blown and not molded - deco - it has a polished bottom and then a cut star design - it is frosted and the ridges/stripes ice.jpg ice2.jpg ice3.jpg ice5.jpg are then CUT into the design - it looks like sterling or stainless but I searched and searched and couldn't find a mark - if my memory serves me right I have seen martini pitchers and cocktail shakers in this pattern by Hawkes but I did a quick search and didn't turn up anything which was just weird... appreciate any insights - advanced thanXies

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very elegant ........ size please...& where u found it....

often , bar ware can stay local..

johnnycb09 likes this.
  3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

4. Rclinftl

at work - will add demensions when I can - it is smaller - maybe 6" tall with 4" opening...

yeah that person doesn't know - its not victorian - and theirs is missing the metal/silver bands - but it does look like the same maker with a different metal/silversmith

komokwa likes this.
  5. Rclinftl

I know inches LOL - it measures 5 1/2" tall x 4" opening...

6. komokwa

is there such a thing as a personal ice bucket ?

7. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Don’t know who made it, but pre 1940 ice bowls were often quite small. Some of us older folks can remember when refrigerator freezers were the size of a shoe box and you were lucky to get 2 ice cubes trays in them. If you ordered a cold drink in a restaurant or bar, you would get only 2-3 ice cubes in it.

8. Rclinftl

there is a big (or small) difference between what I refer to as an ice pale as opposed to an ice bucket - pales were for cubes - buckets where used to submerge a bottle to chill...

komokwa likes this.
  9. komokwa

yours is so lovely, that others ' pale ' by comparison ......... he he he !!!!!!

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted