Featured Funny little table!

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Celtic Crafter, May 3, 2016.

1. Celtic Crafter

Celtic Crafter New Member

I found this little table which had been left out for the trash man - I like it - I want to refinish it - if it has any real value I will restore it to its original state but if not I may paint it - does anyone have any insight into its age or value or have a clue as to what the hooks underneath are for! Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Tons of furniture brainiacs here... you'll soon see!

KingofThings likes this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Nice!
    I'll guess someone used it for sewing and put those there to control the cord.

4. Celtic Crafter

I didn't think of it being a sewing table! I like that it has had a creative life!

KingofThings likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think its just a Victorian era occasional table , maybe 1880s . The hooks may have been put on there for some reason only a long dead owner knows . Now , about that DOLLHOUSE !!! Wow !

wenna, lloyd249, Aquitaine and 6 others like this.
  6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Ditto about the dollhouse... you'll find mine quite rustic in comparison, when you get time to view the thread I left you above. You are gonna have so much fun with that thread journey, just as I did when I first landed here!

7. Celtic Crafter

Thanks I thought it might be Victorian - yes my doll house! I am very proud of it - I have built it from scratch - I have been working on the outside for about 3 years - I haven't done anything inside but put furniture in for my nieces to play with - it's a real labor of love! I am redoing the chimney now using little bricks instead of the brick paper I used originally.

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I built one as well , and quickly decided I'll leave that to the pros ! talk about a pain ! My forte is more furnishing one . :) I meant to add that's a great little table , and will come in very handy and you cant beat the price ! DSCN2906.JPG

wenna, lloyd249, trip98 and 8 others like this.
  9. Celtic Crafter

That is beautiful! It is a bottomless pit - the world of miniatures! The more I spend them more I want!!

trip98, judy, cxgirl and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ruedi

Ruedi Active Member

? Victorian plant stand

11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

As mentioned, the table is a Victorian late Renaissance Revival piece. For a plant, lamp, or whatever. Hooks are not original. Can't tell wood under that dark finish. Don't think it would be a crime to paint this.

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That poor little table was rode hard and put away wet - probably literally. It's machine made; I'd go ahead and mess with it.

13. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I would strip it and redo it. If it is for you. I really hate the painted stuff but I have done it for some of my pieces though as a faux finish on a newer piece. If selling then as Brad said paint it.
    greg

Brenda Anna likes this.
  14. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

15. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

I would remove the paint and stain it black and lacquer it with not-too-shiny lacquer.

And put a tea tray on it.

16. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Dollhouse stuff is great fun.

17. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

When I looked at this photo I was looking for the dollhouse you made (thought it must be on display in this room). Then realized it WAS the dollhouse...OMGosh...that is amazing!

johnnycb09 and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted