Featured Furniture Finds 7/30/23!

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by techbiker, Jul 31, 2023.

1. techbiker

techbiker Well-Known Member

Since I had to pick up the dining table set in my previous post with a truck, I decided to pick up a number of pieces at the same time for my house. Result = 5 used sets of furniture and lots of driving in one day. If you have a moment, feel free to let me know your thoughts on any of these!:

1. Antique library desk/table? About 50" long, 30" high, 28" deep. According to seller, this had been in her husband's family for generations. I'd plan to refinish this and replace the missing drawer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ashley Furniture pull out leather couch (do have cushions lol). I know it's not an antique.

[​IMG]

3. Brickwede Brothers Dining Table and Chairs Set. In seller's family since it was purchased new in 1920. The two leaves fold out mechanically once the top is expanded. Table is about 90" x 42" x 30" with leaves in place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Antique 12" deep bookshelf with glass doors and lace

[​IMG]

5. Welded 32" round outdoor metal table with 4 stacking chairs. Believe this is commercial grade?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you!

cxgirl, antidiem, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  2. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

:) :) I used to own a table and chairs almost exactly like yours! At the time I had a Large Dining Room in my 1840 house. The set looked marvelous there, and I could, and did, have dinner parties for 12.

:) :) Ya done good!

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Like your table and chair set. Hope it didn't set you back too much. The library table is not quite antique yet. Looks like a good project. Bookcase is antique. Something about the top and base, to a lesser degree, doesn't look quite right. Wonder if this wasn't a secretary top converted to a freestanding bookcase. I would lose the lace, as it is distracting and not original. Nothing much to say about the modern furniture. The patio set does look a bit better made than some.

cxgirl, johnnycb09, antidiem and 4 others like this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like the bookshelf, and agree with verybrad about getting rid of the lace curtain

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Nice things and will last a lifetime.You wont find quality like that these days.

cxgirl, techbiker and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted