Featured (Gasp) Who Made These Glass Cups

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, Aug 31, 2023.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Bought 6 of these cups. Very cool looking. They stand 1 7/8" tall and measure 3 7/8" across the top. All look to be unmarked. All have air bubbles in them. They each have 2 little feet. The way the handle sits, it serves as another foot. The rolled up feet remind me of Steuben.

clear1.JPG clear2.JPG clear3.JPG clear4.JPG clear5.JPG clear6.JPG clear7.JPG clear9.JPG clear10.JPG

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

How unusual looking ! And so pretty. At first glance I thought they were finger bowls.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Tiffin? Those are lovely.

pearlsnblume and Rclinftl like this.
  4. kraftblue

Thanks Johnny

Owned, don't know for sure. Still looking thru pictures.

5. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Very exotic. Lovely things.

6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

very nice : ) looks like nappies from here; does the glass color vary with different light sources?

7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

They look like individual nut cups. Very nice!

8. kraftblue

Tall, I would say no. I even put these under black light.

I assume these are fancy punch cups. Hoity toity comes to mind. :)

*crs* likes this.
  9. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Love the way the handle loops down to form the third foot. Great design.

10. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

if the color is true to the pics I think these are tiffin wisteria

11. kraftblue

Rclinftl, not sure. Nothing like this on Replacements, Google lens and images don't show anything like my cups when I search for Tiffin Wisteria.

12. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

chataboutdg has nothing close to the border on their comparison page shown below. the color looks a bit lavender in the photos but images against a white background might help with color. But if the color isn't changing under different lighting that would likely discount a dichroic/neodymium color; such as Heisey-Alexandrite or Fostoria-Wisteria or Tiffin-Twilight. That shape is often cataloged as bon-bon or nut dish or nappy.

they would make nice "hoity toity" sorbet servers...

upload_2023-9-1_5-44-22.png

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    bercrystal, ola402 and moreotherstuff like this.
  13. kraftblue

Thanks Tall. The lavender color is mostly on top near the gold decoration. Will work on a light background today.

14. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

is it possible that the lavender color at the tops is the beginnings of sun purpling? Anyone know?

15. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

The Tiffin pattern is spelled Wistaria, whether these are I have no idea Kath. I had a vase that was Tiffine Wistaria. I thought it was miss-spelled.

16. kraftblue

Carl thanks. I will take another look.

*crs* likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted