George v silver jubilee towel

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Patriciav, Oct 28, 2020.

?

anyone seen one of these

1. Any

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Price

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Patriciav

Patriciav New Member

IMG_0080.jpg I have a hand towel that I have had many decades and have now decided it's time to downsize so getting rid of things bit by bit but I have no idea of it's worth if anything. Will try and explain it as I don't seem to be able to put a picture on here for some reason. So it's a green and white hand towel with George V and Silver Jubilee 1910/1935 on it. I have tried to google it but can find nothing, there is no label on it either which doesn't help. IT came from my mother many years ago but I don't know how she acquired it. anyone out there give me any help on this one please.​

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

They're minimal value, sadly, as they were produced in the tens of thousands or more.

popsycat likes this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

If it's a light weight linen tea towel with an attractive design, I've watched some lovely vintage ones sold on etsy for about 25-28 bucks each. I was shocked to see how much a tea towel could sell for! I just wasn't up to wanting to pay that much, plus shipping, to wipe my dishes! So they do have some minimal value, as Bear said.

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

5. Patriciav

Patriciav New Member

It's a normal hand towel

6. antidiem

Patricia, that could run the gamut of goods! No idea what a "normal hand towel" means to you, as it is at least "vintage" and now am not sure if it is the type to dry dishes in the kitchen, or the type to dry a body after a shower in the bathroom?

7. antidiem

Just bite the bullet and post up a picture!

8. Patriciav

Patriciav New Member

To dry yourself with after a wash, that's what I class as a normal hand towel

antidiem likes this.
  9. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

As a collector of English royalty stuff, I'd happily pay $10 US for it but no more. :)

10. antidiem

Ok thanks, hard to imagine.

I chuckle to think the exact same about a tea towel of any collectible sort! Thanks

bluumz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted