German made doll

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Christine P., Jul 20, 2019.

1. Christine P.

Christine P. New Member

From My research I’ve determined this is a 310 mold made approx mid 20’s by Armand Marseille. I would like some assistance determining if this is actually a “just me” doll, or is it reproduction? Also, it appears the back of the wig was reglued so it covers some of the writing on the dolls head, does that affect value? The whole doll is bisque and appears clothes are original. Thank you for any help!

Attached Files:

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I know nothing of dolls,but that one sure looks in way too pristine condition to be genuinely old. Even if it were tucked away in a box you'd expect a little yellowing of the lace,etc.Pretty little thing nonetheless.

4. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Sorry for arriving so late, I was out all day. I believe this doll is a reproduction doll, Firstly johnny is right, she is in way too pristine condition to be old, also she wouldn't be all bisque .. her body would be composition. Also her face paint is too fresh and the eyelashes are overdone. her clothing although well made is modern and not old, a few tears in that modern lace to make it appear old. As Johnny said she is still a cutey but not old .. Joy.

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Totally agree with above posters.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted